Ratings for Dr. Freddie Meyer

Love him and staff! Very helpful and comforting. Knows their stuff, and will try to fit you in if you are truly sick rather than send you to Emergency or the walk in clinic. Doctor Freddie can keep us waiting sometimes but that's because he listens and doesn't rush us out the door, something I appreciate when it's my turn, even if I have waited 1/2 hour. Who knows what bad news he has just had to give the person ahead of me? I wouldn't want to be kicked out the door if I was in their shoes! So a bit of a wait means he will give me the same consideration if necessary!. Very kind and considerate. And lately his secretary seems to have organized his office so their isn't much of a wait at all! Very accommodating and friendly. Love my doctor Freddie!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Meyer and staff are wonderful, very compassionate and caring. The secretary always is accommodating when I need to see him sooner than later, and is very cheerful to those of us who sometimes have to wait. They make a great team and, no disrespect intended to his previous secretary, who left over a year ago, but this one keeps his office running smoothly and Dr Meyer seems to have less wait time than before. Thumbs up!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Meyer is an awesome, caring doctor. Yes, sometimes he can be late but better late than not having as good a doctor as he is. Easy to talk to, and very empathetic. When he first took over Dr. Craven's practice, he was slower, but understandable as he was getting to know us all. Has had a new receptionist this past year, and his office is now much better organized. Hardly have to wait at all anymore. Great doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

shockingly bad. disrespectful of other doctor who where top specialist in their field and basically said my husband should give up. I would not let him treat my dog.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

He seems to think he can charge a fee of $35.00 if you are a no show .. But when he is late we should be able to charge him .Our time is also precious to us we don't want to sit in his office for an hour before getting in to see him .. He is always behind....

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Has helped me very much with my chronic pain. Listens to me and takes his time at every visit. I was worried when Dr.Craven left, thought no one could fill his shoes, Freddie is doing great! In the beginning I understand people being frustrated, however I would rather a Doctor take his time getting to know patients then prescribing medications and running unnecessary tests.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Doesn't seem to care. Really needs to get some empathy. People in chronic pain, do not get any results, and he will not refer you to a specialist that may be able to diagnose your condition. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

With no previous knowledge of him, I happened to get Dr Meyer at the ER one day with my severely asthmatic toddler. He handled everything efficiently and as speedily as possible. I appreciated this as it's never fun to have a baby at emerg. Yes he was a bit hard to understand, but he took the time to answer my questions and I felt very confident in his care. I would happily see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I found that he seemed to run behind more when he 1st took over from Dr. Craven. Now a couple of years or more have gone by he isnt running behind as much. It takes time to get to know your patients. I have had quite a few different health problems this year, He was quick to send me for a surgeon for the one. On other issues he keeps close tabs on them. He has me come in every month to make sure I'm still doing all right. He takes the time to explain things and to give me the options with the pros and cons of all of them. He got me off a medication I have wanted off ofr years and Dr. Craven said i couldnt go off it. Dr. Myers had me tapering off it and off it all in 2 and 1/2 months. Perfect family dr.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr Meyer is a good doctor,being new it will take a bit to come up to Dr Cravens level. I find Dr Meyers easy to talk to and is quite informed as far as wait times , Port Alberni is good compared to other places.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013