Ratings for Dr. Christine L. CASSEL

With a yearly skin checkup, Dr. Cassel found an irregularity which turned out to be melanoma. She scheduled me immediately for surgery and I was left with a 5" incision which she assured me would heal in a year to be nothing more than a thin line on my arm. I followed her care instructions and my scar did indeed heal beautifully. She has been seeing me regularly now for skin checks and to date I am cancer free. I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews here because I have been a patient of hers for many years and she is very knowledgable, competent and skillful as a surgeon .

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

stay clear of this practice!! i will never return to this practice for their crappy service.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I waited a bit before seeing the doctor but that seems to be normal for most doctor appointments anywhere.... but I felt that she was focused and friendly. She spent ample time with me and was very thorough... answered questions and never rushed. Compared to my other doctor experiences, she is among the best IMO.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Excellent doctor and staff - I wouldn't trust my skin to anyone else! Dr. Cassel is very thorough, extremely knowledgeable in all facets of skin care/health, and truly cares about her patients. I have referred many friends to schedule appointments with Dr. Cassel or Jessica, all of whom have had positive experiences, as well! Highly recommend this office and their staff!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I just would like to let you know that I had an appointment with Dr. Christine Cassel to see her today, supposedly she is a dumbatologist. I would like to mention to you for your own health dear patients (because they will NOT let you know....& they don't care) that they are paving the road. My husband and I asked how we could get into the parking lot & they told us we would have to walk a couple of blocks. That was okay but what wasn't when I buned my foot on the HOT TAR!! These idiots don't call you or reschedule anything. Instead of just having plaque psoriasis now I have a burnt foot. What is her name would not see me b/c I was complaining about my foot and it was burnt. Now I have a nice burn on the bottom of my foot. Went to see this dumb bell a plaque psoriasis, instead I end up with a severe burn on my foot. Also, we noticed there were NO PATIENTS IN THE WAITING!! Guess they are in desperate need of patients!! Please check out the reviews on this dermatologist before going. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY TYPE OF TREATMENT DUE TO HER STUPIDITY. IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE SHE IS ACTUALLY A DOCTOR. HER STAFF IS COMPLETELY INCOMPENTED JUST LIKE SHE IS!! Her staff is unprofessional and they don't care what your problem!! Read the reviews before going to this idiot!! Maria, you should see my feet. They are burnt on the bottom and I can hardly walk on them. Medical Advisory Board is becoming more appealing. I have filed a compliant with Highmark and they will be investigating this so-call-dumbatologist!!! she was just so thoughtful and caring about her patient. Funny thing is we were the only patient in her office. People prbably had to be rushed to to the hospital to find a competent dermatologist! she is a doctor real hard to believe since she causes a person this much pain! very hard to get across the street when they are paving it and we were not allowed in to park in the parking lot! Stay CLEAR OF THIS J - - - - - -!! I would like to advertise Brownstone Dermatology and how they treat their patients especitally after they cause someone injury @ 530 Walton Avenue in Hummsellstown, Pennsylvania.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I would steer clear of this practice. I've read all the ratings on Dr. Cassel and her staff and I concur. This office is very disorganized and unprofessional. They don't explain anything or answer questions so I felt in the dark. Thank God I am now with another Dr. and they are 100% better organized and very knowledgeable. My advice is call another Dr. fast, because you deserve better healthcare than what this Dr. and staff can give you! This place is terrible!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Unlike the other reviews, my wife and I travel from Mechanicsburg and have had good success with Brownstone Dermatology. We mostly have Jessica but I have had Dr. Cassell once. They have been very polite, seemed genuinely concerned about my psoriasis and skin cancer and have issued medicine that has greatly helped me. Jessica has also performed biopsies on skin cancer places for me and treated me often with nitrogen to remove spots before they develop further. I have had no problem with this group and recommend them for any considering going to them for help.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I would never recomment going to Dr. Christine Mackley. The staff that works for her have no character and their mentality shows they do not care about the patients, that money is more important than keeping their patients.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Mackley's for about a year, during which time I found her to be fairly pleasant, but not as knowledgeable as I would have liked. However, I began seeing her PA, Jessica soon after she joined the practice and I must say I am much more fond of her. She is much nicer and more helpful. However, I do not have much good to say about the office staff at this practice. They are abrupt and often in a hurry. I cannot recall a time when I was able to get in less than 3 weeks after my call-in date, and at one point there was a new receptionist who tried to charge me a copay even though I had not had one at that office for two years! This same woman also gave me a hard time for forgetting my insurance card, which I had not needed for two years. In general, while the Dr and her PA are pleasant enough, I probably would not recommend this practice to others based on the poor office staff.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Very knowledgable, took time to arrange quick surgery for my skin cancer and to answer my questions

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Christine L. CASSEL's Credentials

• Physiological Medical College Of Indiana (Grad. 1999)

GHI