Ratings for Dr. Charles V. Amory

We love Dr McIntosh! He is a fabulous pediatrician. His demeanor and care is exceptional and he is very down to earth!

Submitted July 7, 2017

Love Dr. Amory and His staff! Love the way they give newborns a room on arrival. Doc has taken care of all 3 of my babies and always engages so well with the kids and gives us all the time we need. he ends every visit by asking if I have any questions then also asks if dad has any questions (usually dad isn't with us). He also encourages my homeopathic pursuits.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Amory and his staff are amazing, kind and patient. I would not take my son any where else.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Love Dr. Amory. I have found he is very thorough and really takes the time to explain things to me should I have any questions. He respects us as our child's parents and does not talk down to us as if he knows all.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Have never felt that I was not able to ask anything. Very comfortable to talk to and staff is super super helpful as well. I recommend him to parents all the time.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Amory is fantastic. He always acts as if you are the only patient he has to see when you come in. While he is quick and efficeint, it feels like he is giving you as much of his time as you want when answering questions. Our children love him & so do we.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

It took several visits for Dr. Amory to test my son for RSV, which he would explain after our third visit that it was a common thing in a one year old during the time of year this had occured. It also was after the fact, that he had prescribed a steroid that caused our son to have an allergic reaction and was not necessary for RSV. It was a scary experience to watch and hear your one year old having a hard time breathing and unable to sleep because of the struggle. Throughout the whole nightmare, I did not find the head nurse and Dr. Amory very helpful or caring to the nature of our visits. I do NOT recommend Dr. Amory solely on our experience, which was a common diagnose.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

We have a newborn son and what I like about his office is that we go right back to a room when we arrive. They don't have us in the waiting area with other ill patients. They are awesome people that work with you.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Your search is over. You will not find another doctor like Dr. Amory. Period. If you're like me, you are looking for the 'right doctor,' not someone who can tie you over until you find the 'right one' simply by happenstance. We've recently moved to DC and we are having the most difficult time finding anyone comparable. In fact, my son had a swollen lymph node in his jaw 2-months ago and after seeing a doctor who was 100% sure my son had mono and strep (without taking a culture... even prescribed an antibiotic) we drove an hour to Dr. Amory where he confirmed our son had a swollen lymph node. Dr. Amory opened a massive medicine encyclopedia to show me data on the subject and turned DIRECTLY to the page before lymph nodes. He is, by far, the most knowledgeable doctor my 9-yr old has seen. He is not quick to prescribe medication either. He is kind, compassionate and hip. The staff is outstanding and the office is always being renovated to look brand new and clean.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

dr amory was recommended to my husband and i by a friend and we love him! as long as he doesnt have a stethoscope in his hand our one year old son loves him too! the nursing staff is so nice and helpful and they all always have time to answer questions. sometimes the office is a bit slow, but that's usually during sick season and only when i've called to see if i can be squeezed in to have the baby seen, and they ALWAYS make time for us if needed... we'll be sticking with him for a long time to come

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009