Ratings for Dr. John D. Northup

Might as well go see a rock for the help you will receive. Extremely over priced. Once went in for a physical that was covered by my insurance, to be offered 3 free sample tablets of Cilalis. then was charged 330 for visit.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Front desk girl at check in is very unprofessional, when you call you always sit on hold for at least 5 or more minutes. Dr Northup seems to be a pretty good doctor but you have to wait a really long time to see him. His nurse is rude and never calls you back, if you really need something done don't call his her call Authum she is the only one that seems to know what she is doing around there.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Northup was very unprofessional. He asked questions about my intimate sexual life out of self-proclaimed curiosity as I am in a same gender marriage with my wife. He informally chatted with me about his opinion that women are too progressive these days, mentioning that he is on a leadership board at his church and sees all kinds of things. He listed “same gender lifestyle” on my medical chart under issues needing to be addressed/ changed. He also could not explain why he needed to do a medically unnecessary exam which was not directly related to my presenting problem. He barely explained my test results, which was the entire purpose of my visit. At the end, his staff had me sign a statement confirming that I was refusing a follow-up appointment so they did not “get in trouble” for not scheduling one. Overall it was a terrible experience and I won’t be returning.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Best doctor in savannah or actually anywhere his staff if very busy but always caring,. he has a great new very young PA she is smart and sweet. His staff always speak highly of him and that says a lot . His office manager is very nice and seems to be very caring and always says nice things about Dr. Northup. I would give Dr. Northup and his staff 5 stars in all areas any day. I just love his new Nurse Linda.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

This place deserves no stars. You wait for hours, Dr has you chart and doesn't look at it. Same complaints, different diagnosis4 times. Nurses complain about Dr. They have told me they have to work days without pay. Utilities get turned off for non payment, especially phone. This place is a joke

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr. Northup is the post intelligent, through doctor I have had since living in Savannah. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Best of the Best. Has been my doctor for 34 years. I am 75 and very healthy, thnks to Dr. Northup!!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Thank you for loving and raising Christina.you have now 3 grand babies. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

The front desk receptionist can be quite negative and complains a lot including about the rest of the staff, but Dr.Northup is the most educated and knowledge physician in every medical field I ever come across. I had been seriously ill for over 7 months, had seen four other doctors in three states before I found him that could not diagnose me. He figured out in a matter of a few weeks after doing test. He is simply brilliant!! I am forever grateful to him!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

He may not have the most organized staff, but he is an AMAZING Doctor! He will do everything that he can to figure out what is wrong with you! He is an amazing diagnostician. He restored my faith in Doctors and I am so glad that I found him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013