Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

I am recent patient of Dr. Phillipa Cheetham but am a long time observer of this excellent doctor and her staff as they have tended to my father’s urologic conditions over that past several years. With Dr. Cheetham you are in the presence of a clinician /surgeon whose intellect is coupled with the highest level of commitment and equaled compassion for her patients. Both my dad and I have been fortunate to be in company of this exceptional physician who has the energy of a multitude with an unwavering dedication to the health and well being of her patients. We couldn’t be more pleased by being referred to Dr. Phillipa Cheetham. The time and distance that we travel to meet with the good doctor is worth every minute and every mile.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

My first visit with Dr. Cheetham was an excellent experience. She is very competent, and explained everything in a very understandable way. Also put my mind at ease. Rare to find an extremely competent professional with a great sense of humor. Very glad I made the choice to see her today. She is now my urologist. Period.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

She is highly qualified but treated me as if I were going to die if I didn't do exactly what she wanted. She is not open to alternatives at all. Practices very defensively. Her assistant sat with me and wasted my time for a half hour drawing pictures of the urinary system even tho I told her I knew all that. She asked me the same questions about pains. I told her I had none and she kept asking me over and over as if I was lying.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

I have suffered from nocturia (extreme frequent nigh time urination) for many years with no hope in site. I have seen at least 5 urologists about this and until i decided to try one last dr i thought i was doomed. She was the most knowledgeable, and caring dr i have ever seen in my 46 years. her bedside manner is bar none. Most importantly i now only wake up twice a night with hope that will improve, with no medication. In the end my cure for my symptoms was to drink 2-4 quarts of water during the day and hold it as long as possible. Please dont lose hope and see the good Dr.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

I knew there was something very rare about this doctor when I met her 4 years ago. She’s sharp as a tack, personable, thorough, innovative, fearless and extremely intuitive. It shouldn’t take long for you to realize you’re in the hands of a seasoned expert who knows what’s best for you based on all of your circumstances. When you jump to conclusions she will slow you down and takes a vested interest in you. I have complete confidence in the framework and approach she adopts...very systematic, very methodical. She’s a very rare find and those who have found her are very fortunate. I would highly recommend Dr Cheetham, especially if you’ve hit a wall with other doctors. She’s a problem solver by design so I think you’ll be really impressed.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Dr. Cheetham spent an hour and a half with my wife and I explaining my prostate cancer. I was diagnosed with 'aggressive' prostate cancer months before and was facing radical surgery or radiation treatment with possible drastic side effects. My family physician recommended I go to Sloan Memorial and I was then referred to Dr. Cheetham. So glad we went. Dr Cheetham and her staff where respectful to my wife and I. She spoke in clear terms with simple diagrams on what was going on. As a police detective myself with a metropolitan department I quickly notice that she approached my cancer as I would an investigation. First look at the whole picture then the individual pieces of the puzzle, search for the missing pieces of the puzzle and use solid cutting edge technology to reveal the hidden nature of the evidence. Then take the investigation to the end on what is best for the victim and fair justice to the accused. In the end I might have to do radical treatment but for now I know Dr Cheetham is looking into every aspects of my cancer and treatment. Simply put my wife was having chest pain from the stress of my cancer and when we left Dr Cheetham's office she said felt relaxed and confident for the first time in months under the care of Dr. Cheetham and her staff.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Can't say enough about Dr. Cheetham and her team. She is part of my medical team and I am so thrilled to be a patient of hers. She truly cares about your health and well being while continuously providing sound and logical medical advice. I was set up for an outpatient procedure which I was quite nervous about due to my quite complicated medical situation. Dr. Cheetham took incredible care of me and the procedure went flawlessly. The surgical center she chose is excellent as well. In addition to this, her staff is top notch. They arranged every detail and pre-testing that was required. Follow-up post procedure for any questions and issues was handled with ease! For someone dealing with a lot on his place, this was such a welcomed experience. Highly recommend Dr. Cheetham and her staff to anyone looking for a top urologist and support staff!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dr. Cheetham is excellent, caring and very focused on your health. Very knowledgeable and her bedside manner is outstanding. If I had to do the procedure again she would definitely be my surgeon again. Painless and the ending results are magnificent!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Allow me to cut to the chase, Dr. Philippa Cheetham is not only the best Urologist in the country, she has to be the best on the planet. Why? Because no one could possibly be better than Dr. Cheetham. Look no more, she is in a class all by herself. TS NY/Fl

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I'd been having prostate issues for over 30 years, my PSA hovered between 10-12. I'd been biopsied 6 times, always (thank God) negative but still urinary problems, discomfort and the nagging feeling that the Big C was right around the corner. I went to cancer seminars at a local hospital preparing for the (I thought) worst and that's where I met Dr. Cheetham. After one of the seminars that she spoke at I approached he and explained my situation. I explained that I was a blue collar worker with average insurance, she, after listening to me she pulled out her card and told me to call her office THE NEXT DAY for an appointment. I went there expecting a consultation but instead Doctor did 5 separate tests and discovered I had, in addition to BPH that was causing frequent urination, stones in the prostate that were causing the high PSA. This was something my former urologist of over 25 years never discovered or even tested for. We set up another (hopefully last) biopsy where Doctor took 21 samples, again all came back negative. Two weeks later she did a procedure on my involving using a laser to blast out the stones and also to trim the urethra and allow for easier passage of urine. After 2 days with a catheter I began the healing process. My first PSA after the procedure the numbers were down below 2, since then nearly 4 years ago my numbers have been average for my age hovering between 3 and 4. And the best part, NO MORE FREQUENT URINATION, NO MORE GETTING UP AT NIGHT!!! I can ride in the car or on my motorcycle for 3, sometimes 4 hours before even thinking about stopping. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Cheetham or her staff, she is what EVERY Doctor should be, caring, considerate, knowledgeable and passionate about her field. THANK YOU Dr. Cheetham!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)

MSP/BC Med