Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

Can't say enough about Dr. Cheetham and her team. She is part of my medical team and I am so thrilled to be a patient of hers. She truly cares about your health and well being while continuously providing sound and logical medical advice. I was set up for an outpatient procedure which I was quite nervous about due to my quite complicated medical situation. Dr. Cheetham took incredible care of me and the procedure went flawlessly. The surgical center she chose is excellent as well. In addition to this, her staff is top notch. They arranged every detail and pre-testing that was required. Follow-up post procedure for any questions and issues was handled with ease! For someone dealing with a lot on his place, this was such a welcomed experience. Highly recommend Dr. Cheetham and her staff to anyone looking for a top urologist and support staff!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dr. Cheetham is excellent, caring and very focused on your health. Very knowledgeable and her bedside manner is outstanding. If I had to do the procedure again she would definitely be my surgeon again. Painless and the ending results are magnificent!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Allow me to cut to the chase, Dr. Philippa Cheetham is not only the best Urologist in the country, she has to be the best on the planet. Why? Because no one could possibly be better than Dr. Cheetham. Look no more, she is in a class all by herself. TS NY/Fl

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I'd been having prostate issues for over 30 years, my PSA hovered between 10-12. I'd been biopsied 6 times, always (thank God) negative but still urinary problems, discomfort and the nagging feeling that the Big C was right around the corner. I went to cancer seminars at a local hospital preparing for the (I thought) worst and that's where I met Dr. Cheetham. After one of the seminars that she spoke at I approached he and explained my situation. I explained that I was a blue collar worker with average insurance, she, after listening to me she pulled out her card and told me to call her office THE NEXT DAY for an appointment. I went there expecting a consultation but instead Doctor did 5 separate tests and discovered I had, in addition to BPH that was causing frequent urination, stones in the prostate that were causing the high PSA. This was something my former urologist of over 25 years never discovered or even tested for. We set up another (hopefully last) biopsy where Doctor took 21 samples, again all came back negative. Two weeks later she did a procedure on my involving using a laser to blast out the stones and also to trim the urethra and allow for easier passage of urine. After 2 days with a catheter I began the healing process. My first PSA after the procedure the numbers were down below 2, since then nearly 4 years ago my numbers have been average for my age hovering between 3 and 4. And the best part, NO MORE FREQUENT URINATION, NO MORE GETTING UP AT NIGHT!!! I can ride in the car or on my motorcycle for 3, sometimes 4 hours before even thinking about stopping. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Cheetham or her staff, she is what EVERY Doctor should be, caring, considerate, knowledgeable and passionate about her field. THANK YOU Dr. Cheetham!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer late March of this year. I had 2 high-grade tumors removed from my bladder. High grade meant a greater chance of recurrence, along with possible removal of my bladder. Faced with this life-changing news, I felt lost. I knew the cancerous tumors were removed, but I didn't feel comfortable or confident about my future. I had serious reservations about the treatments that would follow. A good friend recommended that I see Dr. Cheetham for a second opinion. I contacted Dr. Cheetham through email, and explain my situation. I also explain the Clock Was ticking and I needed to start treatment soon. My dilemma being would I be able to get in to see her ASAP. Much to my surprise Dr. Cheetham return my email that same day. She was very understanding of the time restraint and scheduled an urgent appointment the following week. The day of my appointment I was met by a warm professional competent staff. They seemed eager to make me comfortable. When called in to see Dr. Cheetham, I handed her my pathology report. That is when things really started moving. She called in her staff. She advised them to have all of my records forwarded to her office immediately. Dr. Cheetham then went over the pathology report. She made me aware of some interesting observations. It was at that point I knew I came to the right place! Dr. Cheetham Explained everything to me at length. I then ask more questions. Dr. Cheetham took her time And addressed all my concerns. It was as if time stopped and I was the only patient. At no time was I rushed along. This past week I had my second appointment with Dr. Cheetham. Dr. Cheetham meticulously reviewed all my previous records along with a new ultrasound she had ordered. We then discussed the path of treatment she felt would be best for me. I can't believe in this day and age there is someone like Dr. Cheetham. when you speak with her you get the feeling you're talking to a lifelong friend. I now feel confident and comfortable moving forward. Dr. Cheetham Has afforded me the chance for the best possible outcome. I am grateful for having Dr. Cheetham in my corner. I would urge anyone with similar concerns, to see Dr. Cheetham. Dr. Cheetham is an anomaly. She has much love and passion for the good work she does. Vincent Dell FBI/ JTTF retired

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Upon reaching the age of 60-something, my prostate gradually became very enlarged, to the point that a T.U.R.P. was recommended by some doctors, and performed in October of 2012, by a surgeon who was, shall I say, very far from informative, and certainly not very thorough. Needless to say, the procedure didn’t “take,” the post-op (excruciating) pain and discomfort lasted for days on end, the doctor had no answers, and, over the next couple of years, the enlargement problem became worse, to the point that the flow of urine was reduced to a “trickle,” (I had to carry a catheter with me at all times!) especially after the consumption of liquids. This issue caused recurring urinary track infections, which we know (long term) can cause damaging results. In search of an answer, another urologist recommended a (very invasive and aggressive) procedure called “retro pubic prostatectomy,” which, according to him, “was the only solution.” I briefly considered (and later discarded) his opinion. Enter Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham! While in the waiting room at the Mt. Sinai medical complex in Rego Park, Queens, New York City, in October of 2017, on an unrelated matter, I saw her name in the physicians’ roster, and decided to consult with her, just to get another opinion. The outcome of this initial consultation is the subject of a separate story. From the moment I first met with her, she made me feel completely at ease. She ran several tests (none of which the initial physician ever performed), asked me lots of questions, took many notes and made several, very explicit diagrams (more on this later). She determined the size of my prostate to be 130 grams, whereas the normal size should be approximately 30! During the following consultation, she ran more tests and concluded that the R. P. (mentioned above) would definitely be, given my situation, too extreme (whew!), and suggested another T.U.R.P., but one more specific to my particular circumstance, and which she explained to me in full detail, almost “like I was a five-year-old.” I made the decision to go with this alternative, and we set up an appointment to do so. When the big day finally arrived, she entered the O. R. in scrubs, ready to go, and with all her drawings and notes under her arm. She looked at me, pointed at the drawings, and quipped, very reassuringly, and in her (unique) Queen’s English accent (and I quote): “this is you, Rodrigo, and (pointing to the drawing of my prostate added) this is the monster that needs to be slain!” How’s that for making someone feel at ease, especially when that someone is about to go “under the knife?” Amazing! Needless to say, the procedure went extremely well, with overall minimal pain or discomfort. Since then, she has made herself available to promptly answer any questions I may have had, whether by phone or via email. And her entire staff is non-pareil! My prostate and urinary related issues are diminishing exponentially, and she has reassured me that the future looks very bright. “The Princess of the Prostate” (the nickname my very respected and capable cardiologist has bestowed upon Dr. Cheetham) is, bar none, THE urologist with whom any individual should consult and treat, especially in regard to prostate matters. She is, truly, a consummate professional, someone who totally loves what she does, and is exceptional at it. She’s nothing short of a Godsend! Rodrigo Sáenz New York State Official Court Interpreter

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

She was very hard to get an appointment with and once I got a appointment it took an other month to get the test results. I had my scheduled appointments canceled and rescheduled in an other month 3 times! After the third time , I went to an other doctor and was able to schedule and resolve my problem via minor surgery with in 1 month. This is in contrast to 3 months of tests and canceled appointments with Dr. Cheetham.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Dr. Cheetham and her staff are absolutely fanatastic. She is extremely intelligent, perceptive, and caring. I completely trust that I am receiving the best treatment while in her care. She and her entire staff are so attentive, punctual, and responsive. Highly highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I found Dr. Cheetham after having an absolutely horrible experience at another urologist. The previous doctor was incredibly unhelpful, did not give me a diagnosis, and I am pretty sure he did not understand female anatomy. Dr. Cheetham was the exact opposite - she explained everything in detail, ordered tests immediately, and made me feel heard, attended to, and safe. I am so grateful for Dr. Cheetham and recommend her to absolutely everyone. New York City is lucky to have her!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I simply loved her. Very knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and delightful. I recommend her very highly.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)