Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

Dr. Cheetham is an amazing doctor! I was referred to Dr. Cheetham in June 2014 for testicular cancer. I was a nervous wreck up until I met her. Dr. Cheetham walked into the examining room like my wife and I had known her for years. She met with us and literally drew out the procedure that I was going to have. We had so many questions and she just sat with us for what seemed like hours. Her caring nature immediately put me at ease. I literally left her office and was like “I’m going to be ok”. Post-surgery I had a ton of questions and she was always available to answer my questions and put me at ease. Her knowledge is just amazing. I have seen Dr. Cheetham several times since my surgery and I have to say that I am truly blessed to have her in my corner. I could not recommend a better doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I was recently referred to Dr. Cheetham without a clue what to expect. Upon my first conversation with her I quickly realized she is truly unique. Her listening skills are extraordinary, her knowledge vast, her social skills comforting, always accessible, and more importantly she prescribed an approach that corrected my issue over time. I feel incredibly fortunate to have met her and trust her judgment immensely. I’ve also learned a great deal from her clinically, particularly from her Sunday radio show/podcasts on WABC. She’s innovative and a master in her field. I would highly recommend Dr. Cheetham!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Today I saw Dr. Cheetham and was given a very not rushed visit. She covered everything related to my health issue's. She gave me advise no other Doctor had a clue in my past. My quality of life will be great due to this Doctor. She is the very best in the United States.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I have only one regret. Not making an appointment with Dr. Cheetham sooner. What brought me to her office for a second opinion was chronic urinary retention. Although I had been under the care of other urologists in the past four years, I never had the experience to meet anyone like Dr. Cheetham.This problem had affected my quality of life. Dr. C. not only took a very detailed medical history but demonstrated to me something I had not experienced before.Dr C's attention to even small specific details made me feel very comfortable.She performed or ordered diagnostic tests immediately in order to determine the proper treatment for me. Her dedication, patience and proficient manner are a rare combination. Upon reviewing the data Dr. C. recommended a procedure that had not been proposed to me before. It was quickly scheduled and I am improving every day. An ordinary thank you is inadequate as Dr. C. has given me back my quality of life.Seeing Dr.Cheetham was the best decision I have made.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Dr Cheetham is one of the most compassionate, caring and most competent doctors I have ever met. I have never won the lottery but I feel like I have. I would highly recommend her to anyone with urology issues.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

I first saw Dr. Cheetham in early 2009 when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was wavering about having surgery. She quickly grasped the seriousness of my situation and motivated me to have surgery. I had no time to spare. Dr. Cheetham saved my life. She has followed me for the last five years with superior concern, thoroughness, skill and attention to me as a person. I cannot give her a high enough rating.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Dr. Cheetham is an OUTSTANDING Dr., I have been seeing her for about a year. First time I saw her I expected a simple consultation, she took me in, examined me thoroughly and did 4 tests. She assessed my condition and we developed a follow-up and treatment plan which we are continuing to this day. She is very caring, articulate and knowledgeable, I feel very comfortable in her care. And the staff at Winthrop Urology are extremely professional, the entire operation from the reception area through the nursing staff and up to Dr. Cheetham is top notch. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone needing Urological care.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr Cheetham is amazing. She is caring , attentive and make your health and well bring her personal priority . Could not think of a better physician and I strongly recommend her to anyone needing her specialization.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Cheetham for approximately 3 years. Of all the very skilled and knowledgeable urologists I have met during the treatment of my prostate cancer, Dr. Cheetham excels in her ability to respond to a patient's concerns with sensitivity and understanding. Her skilled and attentive listening is the normal prelude to her precise and targeted guidance, which bespeaks not only a great depth of experience but also an even greater depth of care and concern. She is as dogged in her follow-up as she is warm and good-humored in her interactions with patients and staff. In sum, Dr. Cheetham is an extraordinary physician whom I would wholeheartedly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Cheetham for about 8 months now due to an unfortunate side-effect from an epidural. From the first visit with her, I knew she was the doctor for me; she could not have been more compassionate. She was very thorough in explaining everything to me step-by-step. She has made herself available for any questions that I've had, and responded very quickly. She takes her time with me each and every visit and makes sure I understand my current condition and what the next possible course of treatment or testing may be. I feel truly blessed to have found such a wonderful, knowlegable, caring doctor. As for her staff, one is nicer than the other. I would highly recommend Dr. Cheetham!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)

UnitedHealthcare