Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

Dr. Cheetham is an extremely caring physician who is, unusually generous with her time. In addition, she is very knowledgeable, not only about the traditional methods of treating prostate cancer, but also about more natural, less invasive alternatives. During my first visit, she presented and explained a treasure chest of good suggestions and options. In addition, she is so well-connected to other specialists in the New York area, and so ready to consult with, and refer to those related specialists, that seeing Dr. Cheetham was like seeing an entire team of doctors! But what I appreciated the most about Dr. Cheetham was her willingness to listen to, and respect my own ideas, and preferences. I have seen over a dozen first-class New York City doctors in the past few years for their opinions about my prostate cancer. For the reasons noted above, Dr.Cheetham stands out as the very best of the best!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

All you have to do is a search for Dr. Philippa Cheetham and you will find out why she is one of the best. She found that I have early Prostate Cancer. It's not something that comes up and slaps you in the face to let you know you have it. She had the test done little by little. She kept my informed of everything she was doing. I felt VERY COMFORTABLE with her. Looking forward to our next visit. A+++++++++++++++ Johnny O'Keefe

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

If you are looking for a very smart doctor who will go over your options in painstaking detail and will give you great advice, I recommend Dr Cheetham. I was very nervous and very uncertain, and she took the time to give the best advice which worked as she predicted. Moreover, she does it in such a comfortable, supportive, encouraging, and inspiring way. You feel better after any visit.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dear Dr. Cheetham It was a pleasure meeting with you yesterday in your new office, I wish you the best of luck in your new venture and I am honored to be a patient of yours. When asked how would I describe Dr Philippa Cheetham I would have to say "The Perfect Package", Knowledgeable, Skilled, Caring, Sensitive, Warm, Genuine, Passionate, Compassionate, Concerned, Talented, Professional, Driven, Gifted, Unique and a Truly Beautiful Person both inside and out. You have made this journey I have and continue to be on with my Bladder Cancer, as strange as it may sound a pleasurable experience. I have great comfort in dealing with my Cancer knowing that I am being treated by someone as special as you are. I am grateful that you choose to practice in the United States and even more grateful that I have you as my doctor. Thank you Eugene Cherubini Yours Truly

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Cheetham is an amazing doctor! I was referred to Dr. Cheetham in June 2014 for testicular cancer. I was a nervous wreck up until I met her. Dr. Cheetham walked into the examining room like my wife and I had known her for years. She met with us and literally drew out the procedure that I was going to have. We had so many questions and she just sat with us for what seemed like hours. Her caring nature immediately put me at ease. I literally left her office and was like “I’m going to be ok”. Post-surgery I had a ton of questions and she was always available to answer my questions and put me at ease. Her knowledge is just amazing. I have seen Dr. Cheetham several times since my surgery and I have to say that I am truly blessed to have her in my corner. I could not recommend a better doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I was recently referred to Dr. Cheetham without a clue what to expect. Upon my first conversation with her I quickly realized she is truly unique. Her listening skills are extraordinary, her knowledge vast, her social skills comforting, always accessible, and more importantly she prescribed an approach that corrected my issue over time. I feel incredibly fortunate to have met her and trust her judgment immensely. I’ve also learned a great deal from her clinically, particularly from her Sunday radio show/podcasts on WABC. She’s innovative and a master in her field. I would highly recommend Dr. Cheetham!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Today I saw Dr. Cheetham and was given a very not rushed visit. She covered everything related to my health issue's. She gave me advise no other Doctor had a clue in my past. My quality of life will be great due to this Doctor. She is the very best in the United States.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I have only one regret. Not making an appointment with Dr. Cheetham sooner. What brought me to her office for a second opinion was chronic urinary retention. Although I had been under the care of other urologists in the past four years, I never had the experience to meet anyone like Dr. Cheetham.This problem had affected my quality of life. Dr. C. not only took a very detailed medical history but demonstrated to me something I had not experienced before.Dr C's attention to even small specific details made me feel very comfortable.She performed or ordered diagnostic tests immediately in order to determine the proper treatment for me. Her dedication, patience and proficient manner are a rare combination. Upon reviewing the data Dr. C. recommended a procedure that had not been proposed to me before. It was quickly scheduled and I am improving every day. An ordinary thank you is inadequate as Dr. C. has given me back my quality of life.Seeing Dr.Cheetham was the best decision I have made.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Dr Cheetham is one of the most compassionate, caring and most competent doctors I have ever met. I have never won the lottery but I feel like I have. I would highly recommend her to anyone with urology issues.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

I first saw Dr. Cheetham in early 2009 when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was wavering about having surgery. She quickly grasped the seriousness of my situation and motivated me to have surgery. I had no time to spare. Dr. Cheetham saved my life. She has followed me for the last five years with superior concern, thoroughness, skill and attention to me as a person. I cannot give her a high enough rating.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)