Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

All you have to do is a search for Dr. Philippa Cheetham and you will find out why she is one of the best. She found that I have early Prostate Cancer. It's not something that comes up and slaps you in the face to let you know you have it. She had the test done little by little. She kept me informed of everything she was doing. I felt VERY COMFORTABLE with her. Looking forward to our next visit. A+++++++++++++++ Johnny O'Keefe My up-date 09/01/2015. I decided to have the Cyber Knife treatment. The Insurance Company denied it 3 times, twice on appeal. Now it’s June and I already wasted 6 months. I have been reading the good book for the last 6 month and was looking for the right answer. I made another appointment with Dr. Cheetham. Dr. Cheetham told me about the seed implant treatment. But she said I would have to travel to Manhattan from Suffolk Long Island to have it done. She knew I didn’t like to travel to far, but when she told me where Dr. Shasha was located at Mount Sinai Beth Israel on 14th st. I knew my Prayers were answered. I decided to go with the Seed Implant. Done July 28 2015 Follow up Aug 11 with Dr Cheetham Follow up with Dr. Shasha Aug 25 all is well. Thank You Dr. Cheetham and Dr. Shasha for all the care. Couldn’t ask for anything better. BTW The Treatment took less then ½ Hour. I then walked from 22nd st and second ave to 14th st Union Square for a Cat Scan. The next day I E-Mailed Dr. Cheetham and Dr. Shasha that all was well and Dr. Shasha said he had more good news. The Cat Scan came back very good. I’m just waiting now for a few more months to see now the PSA test will come out. Johnny O

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Cheetham to get medical advice and treatment for a condition. I procrastinated for a very long time as I knew it would be uncomfortable for me. A fear of the unknown (what exams or procedures it would entail) loomed and contributed to my discomfort with seeing a urologist. Being male, my preference was to be seen by a female doctor. I set out to find a doctor with high credentials and decided on Dr. Cheetham after research and seeing many reviews. She ranked among the best doctors and surgeons, male or female. When I sat down with Dr. Cheetham, she was warm friendly and professional. After I provided a brief explanation of my problem, Dr. Cheetham gave me a very thorough explanation of my ailment, the causes, the treatments and what her plan of attack would be. Naturally, the next step involved blood work and a multi-pronged exam (hint: that is a pun). Recognizing my discomfort with all of this, Dr. Cheetham used her very witty humor to disarm and distract me. The process was over before I knew what happened. In summary, Dr. Cheetham is very knowledgeable, skilled and has a great bedside manner. She takes the time to answer all of your questions. I never felt rushed or like I was taking part in "assembly-line" treatment. Lastly, her sense of humor serves to put you at ease.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

If you want the best doctor look no further. Dr. Cheetham is a wonderful doctor that I highly recommend. Here is my email that I wrote to Dr. Cheetham today, August 1, 2015. Dear Dr. Cheetham, since I started taking the prescribed antibiotic this past Wednesday, I am happy to report that as of yesterday, July 31, 2015, I am feeling about 80% better. I just cannot thank you enough. I never expected that when I wrote my email asking for your help this past Tuesday that you would respond in less than five minutes. Not only did you say you can help you made sure I had an appointment with you for the following day. I just want you to know how greatful I am to you. I was frustrated by this on going problem and some how I was lucky enough to find you. I had seen many doctors over the past several years and they were not able to help me. For the first time, thanks to you, I left your office with a clear understanding as to what was causing my problem. You made me feel very comfortable, you explained everything in great detail and most of all you put together a treatment plan with the care and concern as though I was part of your family. You are a wonderful doctor and most of all a wonderful person that truly cares about others and you seem to love what you do. My sincere thanks to you. You are Incredible. Best Regards. Bill

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. Cheetham is an extremely caring physician who is, unusually generous with her time. In addition, she is very knowledgeable, not only about the traditional methods of treating prostate cancer, but also about more natural, less invasive alternatives. During my first visit, she presented and explained a treasure chest of good suggestions and options. In addition, she is so well-connected to other specialists in the New York area, and so ready to consult with, and refer to those related specialists, that seeing Dr. Cheetham was like seeing an entire team of doctors! But what I appreciated the most about Dr. Cheetham was her willingness to listen to, and respect my own ideas, and preferences. I have seen over a dozen first-class New York City doctors in the past few years for their opinions about my prostate cancer. For the reasons noted above, Dr.Cheetham stands out as the very best of the best!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

All you have to do is a search for Dr. Philippa Cheetham and you will find out why she is one of the best. She found that I have early Prostate Cancer. It's not something that comes up and slaps you in the face to let you know you have it. She had the test done little by little. She kept my informed of everything she was doing. I felt VERY COMFORTABLE with her. Looking forward to our next visit. A+++++++++++++++ Johnny O'Keefe

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

If you are looking for a very smart doctor who will go over your options in painstaking detail and will give you great advice, I recommend Dr Cheetham. I was very nervous and very uncertain, and she took the time to give the best advice which worked as she predicted. Moreover, she does it in such a comfortable, supportive, encouraging, and inspiring way. You feel better after any visit.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dear Dr. Cheetham It was a pleasure meeting with you yesterday in your new office, I wish you the best of luck in your new venture and I am honored to be a patient of yours. When asked how would I describe Dr Philippa Cheetham I would have to say "The Perfect Package", Knowledgeable, Skilled, Caring, Sensitive, Warm, Genuine, Passionate, Compassionate, Concerned, Talented, Professional, Driven, Gifted, Unique and a Truly Beautiful Person both inside and out. You have made this journey I have and continue to be on with my Bladder Cancer, as strange as it may sound a pleasurable experience. I have great comfort in dealing with my Cancer knowing that I am being treated by someone as special as you are. I am grateful that you choose to practice in the United States and even more grateful that I have you as my doctor. Thank you Eugene Cherubini Yours Truly

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Cheetham is an amazing doctor! I was referred to Dr. Cheetham in June 2014 for testicular cancer. I was a nervous wreck up until I met her. Dr. Cheetham walked into the examining room like my wife and I had known her for years. She met with us and literally drew out the procedure that I was going to have. We had so many questions and she just sat with us for what seemed like hours. Her caring nature immediately put me at ease. I literally left her office and was like “I’m going to be ok”. Post-surgery I had a ton of questions and she was always available to answer my questions and put me at ease. Her knowledge is just amazing. I have seen Dr. Cheetham several times since my surgery and I have to say that I am truly blessed to have her in my corner. I could not recommend a better doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I was recently referred to Dr. Cheetham without a clue what to expect. Upon my first conversation with her I quickly realized she is truly unique. Her listening skills are extraordinary, her knowledge vast, her social skills comforting, always accessible, and more importantly she prescribed an approach that corrected my issue over time. I feel incredibly fortunate to have met her and trust her judgment immensely. I’ve also learned a great deal from her clinically, particularly from her Sunday radio show/podcasts on WABC. She’s innovative and a master in her field. I would highly recommend Dr. Cheetham!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Today I saw Dr. Cheetham and was given a very not rushed visit. She covered everything related to my health issue's. She gave me advise no other Doctor had a clue in my past. My quality of life will be great due to this Doctor. She is the very best in the United States.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup