Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

Within a period of three (3) years I had a family member with prostate cancer I was referred to Dr Cheetham and have never looked back, her knowledge attention to detail is remarkable. She is able to diagnose your aliment with pinpoint precision and prescribe the right treatment for your individual case. I would not think of visiting other urologist. DL

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Amazing Doctor and staff. Extremely knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. She spends a great deal of time with her patients. Definitely give her a try.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I am a spinal patient, and for years I've had problems with my bladder with on going infections. After years of going to a urologist who just gave me antibiotics without taking the time to send out the urine sample, my sensitivity to antibiotics has almost become nothing. After walking around sick, depressed and really not being able to deal with this problem anymore, I found Dr Cheetham. Dr. Cheetham took the time, as a good doctor should, to listen, document and do the required test to see what was going on with me. Recently she did a procedure where a tube ,because of my on going infection and bladder problem, was placed through my belly into the bladder. I can tell you right now, I have never felt better. Dr. Cheetham is the best Urologist going. she makes you feel comfortable, takes the time to talk to you and is an extremely knowledgeable doctor,I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I recently visited Dr. Cheetham to have a cyst in the vicinity of my urethra removed. Dr. Cheetham approached the situation with the utmost care and consideration, for both my feelings and a good outcome. She made it a point to explore every aspect of the cyst, via additional testing, prior to making a decision as to how it should be removed. Throughout the entire process she made herself available to me and all of my concerns. I never felt like I was a number in her lineup. I felt safe and cared for. Sadly, this is not the case for many patient/doctor interactions these days. This doctor truly loves what she does and cares for each individual patient that she works with...and she is busy. I wish every doctor would take a lesson from Dr. Cheetham.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

There is a reason Dr. Cheetham is rated #1. She has all of the qualities one would want in an outstanding physician: highly intelligent. very thorough, always learning & teaching the latest information in the field of urology, compassionate, dedicated to the least invasive procedure for each patient if needed, highly respected in the US & internationally for her comprehensive knowledge of ALLavenues of treatment and cure. The last point is important since many urologists will often lead patients to accept their personal specialty which may not be in the best interest of the patient Very highly recommended. Terry S Huntington, NY

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

After researching approximately ten urologists and spending a considerable amount of time reviewing each, I made the decision to take next steps in seeing Dr. Philippa Cheetham. I reached out to Dr. Cheetham via email and immediately received a response with instructions on how to schedule an appointment. I called the Park Avenue office early the next morning to schedule an appointment, and to my surprise the staff was able to accommodate me allowing for an early appointment the very next day. Upon my arrival I was greeted by a very friendly staff who took the time to print the intake documents I had completed and emailed the night before as well as ensure Dr. Cheetham took my insurance prior to my arrival. After only waiting in the lobby for a few minutes one of Dr. Cheetham's staff escorted me back to one of the rooms where they went through the most thorough intake (a verification to everything I had completed on the forms) review, literally writing down everything that I expressed. Shortly thereafter Dr. Cheetham came into the room to introduce herself and bring me to one of the offices to go over the intake forms and offer her approach to all of my concerns/why I was there. Generally speaking, a doctor will offer a very elementary and short outline as to what might be going on, what their approach will be and rarely offer same with actual visuals. However, Dr. Cheetham took the time to: draw the areas of the urinary system, labeling each organ so I was familiar with each part of the system; note each area where issues might be stemming from; note what can happen if proper diagnosis and treatment are not implemented; what tests and procedures are required at the initial stage of the diagnosis and the time each will take; what providers/facilities can handle the various tests and how insurance approval will work with each; explain which foods/liquids might be adding to my concerns; express the difference in certain tests as compared to other urologists/providers. After covering everything in detail, Dr. Cheetham was kind enough to write the script and bring it to one of her staff who immediately got to work on approval with insurance. Dr. Cheetham came back shortly thereafter to ensure that I was comfortable with everything she went over. At that point I had to have blood drawn and went back into one of the exam rooms where one of her staff was waiting. I have had blood drawn dozens of times, as has everyone. However, this was the first time that I was told that the reason to place your finger on the gauze after and apply pressure is because it actually reduces the probability of bruising. It was obvious that Dr. Cheetham's staff took pride in their work and how they communicated with their patients/clients. After having blood drawn Dr. Cheetham came back in to do end the appointment with a brief exam, which was a breeze. After the exam I walked to the front to pay my co-pay and was again greeted by one of the friendly staff who immediately took payment. I was asked if I wanted help getting the referral I needed but I expressed that I would be happy to handle. I was told I would hear from someone about the procedure I needed and I left the office. Later that day I received a call from the facility which was going to conduct the MRI - I never expected to hear the same day. Since I was extremely busy I did not have a chance to call them back but returned the call today (10/13/2016). I was told I had an appointment for Friday at 9:30am. Unfortunately I could no longer make 9:30am as something with my work but again to my surprise, they were able to accommodate my schedule....exceptional accommodations. I had forgotten to call my primary physician for the referral so I called today only to find out that Dr. Cheetham's office had called the day before and requested and received the referral already. I am not one to be amazed with any business but I was speechless at this point. A definite first in dealing with any doctor. I am extremely comfortable and have zero concerns. I have been treated with care, spoken to professional where my schedule has been accommodated on multiple levels and everything was explained to my personal liking. Dr. Cheetham delivers everything that a patient needs and would want. Her business is staffed properly where everyone works as a team,. operating proactively and with the patient's interests in mind. I am grateful.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

It was a great decision I had made a couple of years ago when I first asked to be seen and its something I remain grateful for as its an amazing level of care at every stage from the time you ask for an appointment , through the time you are first screened by the Doctors wonderful team. Who has not seen medical offices where you feel you were not treated correctly ? But here the entire office is focused on you and your visit. I recently was about to go on vacation and an urgent concern came up. It was just so overwhelming how I was treated and how I felt that my situation was their priority. Of course I thank the Doctor for her expertise and how she professionally, individually and warmly treats her patient; but its also very clear that her team {Abel and others} follow through on her script. Just an amazing group of competent professionals.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham is a wonderful doctor. She is always using innovative methods and scientific approach in evaluation and treatment of my condition . Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham is very attentive. She spoke to me on the phone when I was sick and could not come to the office. I would also like to express my gratitude to her assistant Abel. He is very knowledgeable and kind. Front desk girls are polite and patient. Irena

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

As a new patient Dr. Philippa Cheetham made me feel comfortable and helped me cope with the issues I had. Very professional from the moment I walked in. I was blown away by the tremendous helpful staff and I couldn't of asked for a better Doctor. I should be feeling better in no time.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

After going to an urgent care facility and finding out that I may have kidney stones I was told to get a CAT scan. They never mentioned that I needed to see a urologist first. After getting that information the staff at the urgent care found me Dr Cheetham who would squeeze me for an appointment the same day. Unfortunately the urgent care staff didn't listen to Dr Cheetham's staff who wanted me to go the Kew Gardens office they sent me to her Long Island office. Long story short they were not there the urgent care staff failed to mention they screwed up. I went home to figure out my next move. Before getting home I received a call from Dr Cheetham's office explaining what happend and if I could still make it in that night. So I went to the Queens office where I live and was seen right away by Dr Cheetham. She explained everything about kidney stones and what the next steps were going to be. She set me up to get a CAT scan the next morning and gave me a prescription as well. Also all of this was done after hours, her and her staff stayed an hour later to help me which I greatly appreciated. There are not enough words to describe how great and awesome Dr Cheetham and her staff are. The doctor relayed the results of the scan to me very quickly and informed me what steps to take next. I highly recommend Dr Cheetham and her awesome staff they are very accommodating, helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)