Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

Dr. Cheetham is the absolute best! As a doctor, she exceeded every expectation. She completely made me feel like family and discussed every detail with me about my condition, which is hydronephrosis. Prior to her care I was experiencing chronic flank pain and developing urinary tract infections frequently. During my visit with her she made me feel comfortable and was very informative about what was happening and even drew me a labeled photograph. Doctor cheetham recommended I receive a stent to drain fluid from my left kidney, which I was pretty nervous about, however I trusted her and we went through with the procedure. Post operatively I didn’t experience any discomfort in fact I went on vacation and jet skied with that stent in! Thanks to doctor cheetham I am stent FREE and haven’t experienced pain or developed any infections!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dec. 2017 I am a recently retired, exuberant 69-year-old Black man, of faith; diagnosed with both Prostate and Lung Cancer during this past summer. However, Dr Daniel X Shasha of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) referred me to Dr. Philippa Cheetham specifically because I was suffering from worsening urination urgency issues, during the past three years. I was resolved to contend with incontinence and wearing adult diapers. However, Dr. Cheetham provided treatment that has entirely eradicated the problem. I am confident that I no longer have to worry about locating places to urinate in my daily activities. WORDS FAIL TO ADEQUATELY EXPRESS MY JOY‼ She has also agreed to collaborate with my MSK team in treating my Cancer. Most doctors with whom I interact seem to have surrenders their joy and zeal for healing humanity; it seems, primarily because they have so much invested into being "a doctor". However Dr Cheetham has, the soul of a dedicated talented “Old School” country doctor, who joyfully and passionately tends to HER flock of patients; BUT she is also armed with modern contemporary technology, the latest knowledge and a network of talented and dedicated colleagues with whom she communicates. She met with me privately. I was pleased to discover that Dr Cheetham is open to integrating use of alternatives healing methods such as diet, herbs and exercises to strengthen the immune system. She advised me of my situation and consulted with my oncologist, Dr Shasha. She seems to believe strongly in her patients being active in self-healing and not being victims. Her capable diverse staff is extraordinarily caring, discreet, and friendly and works well, as a team. I felt as though all of them were devoted to me. They seemed personally invested in my well-being; they made me feel that I belonged to them. Dr, Cheetham, and her crew seem to be engaged in a labor of love in their endeavor to provide excellent service and care. They emanated trust and instill hope. I am fortunate to have found them. Agape'

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

After seeing several urologists that I wasn’t happy with, I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Cheetham. She is the only one that made me feel like she genuinely had my best interests at heart. She takes time to clearly explain things to me. She makes me feel confident that the decisions made are the right ones. But what’s most important to me - I trust her.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Cheetham is amazing! I have been a patient for 2 years and have consistently been impressed with her “across the board” expertise and knowledge in the Urology space. However, what often separates “good to great “DRs is their ability to make patients feel at ease. Dr Cheetham has this ability—breaking down complex concepts easily and with a sense of humor. I had a recent event and the first day back from the hospital I wanted Dr Cheetham’ opinion. With my wife joining the discussion she quickly became a fan and is all set to be a patient! Her staff is first rate and will try to accommodate in any way possible. I will continue to recommend Dr Cheetham without hesitation to family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Cheetham! Her office squeezed me in for a last minute appointment when I mentioned i was in pain, even though she was booked until 2018. Dr Cheetham explained everything and also took the time to draw diagrams so I could have a better understanding of my situation. Dr Cheetham was very thorough, knowledgeable, and extremely professional during my exam, and she also maintained a humanistic warm and welcoming approach with a sharp sense of humor throughout my visit. Dr Cheetham runs a professional team that's well trained, knowledgable, and passionate. I would recommend this practice to all my friends and family!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Cheetham, she explained everything clearly and really took her tike to make sure I felt comfortable. Dr. Cheer ham really helped me to feel at ease about a situation I had previously felt nervous and anxious about. I highly recommend Dr. Cheetham, her knowledge and professionalism and truly the best!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I was suffering from frequent urgency and leakage. All the urologists that I had seen prescribed the usual medications for an enlarged prostate. None of the meds worked, I was even diagnosed with an overactive bladder and prescribed medicine for that situation. Those medications didn't work at all. I heard about about Dr. Cheetham and her expertise with bladder problems. I decided to call her. Dr. Cheetham examined me and realized that my bladder problems were being caused by an enlarged prostate. She treated the problem and I've been fine since then. Dr. Cheetham is very understanding and patient oriented. She is extremely competent in her field and is knowledgeable about other areas of medicine as well, especially as they relate to urinary problems. I highly recommend Dr. Cheetham to anyone who has any type of urinary problems.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dr Cheetam saved my life! I was in Winthrop university hospital hopeless, doctors unsure as to what was wrong and I started to think I was going to die. Then I met my savior Dr. Phillppa Cheetam !! She makes America great again! Sincerely MistressThick

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

After seeing a urologist who kept performing unnecessary tests/procedures, my father is thrilled to have been referred to Dr. Cheetham. I accompanied him to his appointment and Dr. Cheetham was very warm and compassionate. She spent over an hour explaining my father's condition and was very thorough. I am so thankful that he is now under her care and supervision. Not only is she an expert in her field, but she is an angel. She truly cares for each and every one of her patients. We are blessed to have found her! -Nensi B.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Cheetham has been treating me for BPH for 4 yrs. now. From the time you schedule an appointment, she and her competent staff meticously manage your health. Dr. Cheetham' s medical and integrative treatments are second to none. Trust me, she is a kind, considerate, extremely intelligent urologist. Don W

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)

Harvard-Pilgrim