Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham

Dr. Cheetham and her staff are absolutely fanatastic. She is extremely intelligent, perceptive, and caring. I completely trust that I am receiving the best treatment while in her care. She and her entire staff are so attentive, punctual, and responsive. Highly highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I found Dr. Cheetham after having an absolutely horrible experience at another urologist. The previous doctor was incredibly unhelpful, did not give me a diagnosis, and I am pretty sure he did not understand female anatomy. Dr. Cheetham was the exact opposite - she explained everything in detail, ordered tests immediately, and made me feel heard, attended to, and safe. I am so grateful for Dr. Cheetham and recommend her to absolutely everyone. New York City is lucky to have her!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I simply loved her. Very knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and delightful. I recommend her very highly.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I wish I found Dr. Cheetham on my first set of kidney stones, not the third. She's absolutely amazing - fast, precise, experienced, professional, friendly, great sense of humor. And did I mention fast?

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I was very impressed with Dr Cheethams professionalism, knowledge, attention to detail and friendly personality. My wife and I left her office feeling we would get the best care possible.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Amazing Doctor! Smart, nice, and experienced. I went to her for a second opinion and she made me feel confident again . She educated me and walked me through treatment plans and a course of action to get better. Her staff was extremely helpful as well!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Great doctor, nice, ease going, nothing bad to say!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Dr. Cheetham is the absolute best! As a doctor, she exceeded every expectation. She completely made me feel like family and discussed every detail with me about my condition, which is hydronephrosis. Prior to her care I was experiencing chronic flank pain and developing urinary tract infections frequently. During my visit with her she made me feel comfortable and was very informative about what was happening and even drew me a labeled photograph. Doctor cheetham recommended I receive a stent to drain fluid from my left kidney, which I was pretty nervous about, however I trusted her and we went through with the procedure. Post operatively I didn’t experience any discomfort in fact I went on vacation and jet skied with that stent in! Thanks to doctor cheetham I am stent FREE and haven’t experienced pain or developed any infections!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dec. 2017 I am a recently retired, exuberant 69-year-old Black man, of faith; diagnosed with both Prostate and Lung Cancer during this past summer. However, Dr Daniel X Shasha of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) referred me to Dr. Philippa Cheetham specifically because I was suffering from worsening urination urgency issues, during the past three years. I was resolved to contend with incontinence and wearing adult diapers. However, Dr. Cheetham provided treatment that has entirely eradicated the problem. I am confident that I no longer have to worry about locating places to urinate in my daily activities. WORDS FAIL TO ADEQUATELY EXPRESS MY JOY‼ She has also agreed to collaborate with my MSK team in treating my Cancer. Most doctors with whom I interact seem to have surrenders their joy and zeal for healing humanity; it seems, primarily because they have so much invested into being "a doctor". However Dr Cheetham has, the soul of a dedicated talented “Old School” country doctor, who joyfully and passionately tends to HER flock of patients; BUT she is also armed with modern contemporary technology, the latest knowledge and a network of talented and dedicated colleagues with whom she communicates. She met with me privately. I was pleased to discover that Dr Cheetham is open to integrating use of alternatives healing methods such as diet, herbs and exercises to strengthen the immune system. She advised me of my situation and consulted with my oncologist, Dr Shasha. She seems to believe strongly in her patients being active in self-healing and not being victims. Her capable diverse staff is extraordinarily caring, discreet, and friendly and works well, as a team. I felt as though all of them were devoted to me. They seemed personally invested in my well-being; they made me feel that I belonged to them. Dr, Cheetham, and her crew seem to be engaged in a labor of love in their endeavor to provide excellent service and care. They emanated trust and instill hope. I am fortunate to have found them. Agape'

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

After seeing several urologists that I wasn’t happy with, I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Cheetham. She is the only one that made me feel like she genuinely had my best interests at heart. She takes time to clearly explain things to me. She makes me feel confident that the decisions made are the right ones. But what’s most important to me - I trust her.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Philippa J. Cheetham's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Bristol (Grad. 1996)

Tufts