Ratings for Dr. Deborah Saint-Phard

I went to Dr Saint Phard due to shoulder pain. UC Health? Sounded Great to me. Come to find out I had a tear in 2 places. I had a sharp pain in my shoulder blade about a week later, so bad I couldn't sleep so made a next day appointment. I had mentioned this pain in an earlier appointment and was told it could be because of my tear in my shoulder. When Dr Saint Phard entered the room and I told her why I was there she asked why I wasn't at my PCP. I told her she said earlier it was probably due to my tear. She seemed put out. I asked if she wanted me to go to my PCP and she said no. She asked me to stand up and move my neck all about. She then said I needed X Rays. I had a few Xrays then we met back in the exam room. She pulled them up and the look on her face was sheer horror. I asked "Is something wrong?" She put her hand in front of my face and said "Give me a minute." Due to lack of sleep, major pain, and complete concern I started to get worried. I said "Is it bad?" and again she shoved her open hand in front of my face and said again "Give me a minute!!" At that point I lost it. I am 56 years old and aside from some carpal tunnel surgery my doctor visits have mainly consisted of yearly checkups. She said "Why didn't you tell me you had arthritis?" I said I didn't know I did. She then went on to tell me I had the WORST arthritis she had ever seen. By this point I was crying, mainly due to her reaction to my Xrays. She said "You need an MRI and need to see your PCP NOW to ensure you are not having a heart attack (Huh? I had this pain in my right shoulder for weeks, and had no pressure on my chest or trouble breathing. I did see my PCP the next day and she was very surprised Dr Saint Phard was concerned of a heart attack having had this pain for so long and no signs of a heart attack). Dr Saint Phard left the room never to return (leaving me crying and giving no support or even acknowledging my behavior) and I was preparing for my MRI, that I thought they would do now due to the urgency she showed. A gentleman came in a bit later with papers that said to set up an MRI ASAP, see my PCP ASAP, and a prescription. He was very nice and concerned that I was so upset. He gave me water and tried to consul me. He had me go out the back door so I wouldn't have to see anyone in the waiting room. You Dr Saint Phard you have absolutely NO BEDSIDE MANNER! Maybe you should only practice on young, fit, athletes and not bother with 56 year old menopausal women. I have shared my story with others and really think you should reconsider your profession. I am now getting answers and help from another physician, one with clear answers and suggestions. Why he didn't even gasp when he saw my results. Now that is PROFESSIONALISM.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

By the time I had 3 Office calls and 2 MRI's, the price was up there. This is what I can say about her. What can I say, if this is Boulder's hip doctor, DO NOT go, what a joke. I was totally misdiagnosed, as the other lady mentioned above. Basically, she said I would not be able to do the things I wanted to do anymore, I needed to stop pushing the envelope....... Yeah, trying to walk 1/4 mile without hurting is pushing the envelope????? So I went to Vail to Steadman Hawkins clinic, got my hip labral tear fixed by a world class physician Marc Philippon, and now I can do whatever I want. She didn't even know what was wrong with my hip, had 2 MRI's one for the hip and one for the back. I think she didn't want to refer me knowing that Vail was only 2 hours away from Boulder. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$ OR INSURANCE $$ ON THIS "physician". GO to VAIL, it is only 2 hours away!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

She completely misdiagnosed my injury and focused on my knee instead of my hamstring. When I got an MRI, it was done only on the knee and not the entire problem area. Long story short, my pain is worse and I've wasted several months and lots of money w/ no benefit.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Saint-Phard is a very kind and knowlegable doctor. I would recommend her to anyone! She is also a very good listener. She did not rush the appointment or keep looking at her watch as most doctors do.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Dr. Deborah Saint-Phard's Credentials

• French

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)