Ratings for Dr. George E. Tesar

I have been diagnosed with epilepsy, aphasic seizures, PTSD, dissociation, and I wanted to see if I could be linked to an MD in the Psychiatric Department who maybe specialized in my particular problems. Tesar is supposed to be partnered with the Neurological Institute to help patients with epilepsy and accompanying mental problems. He came to see me to find a psychiatrist who could help me with the dissociative disorder primarily, since I have severe seizures during which I dissociate and relive my abuse. Tesar came in and began talking to my husband like old friends (they aren't) and ignored me. I He was disinterested and arrogant to me, and about told me to get out, see a counselor who was preparing to leave that facility for another city, and walked out. I complained to the Ombudsman, and when I went back to my neurologist, people in that Dept. had heard about my complaint and thought it was funny. No, I am not paranoid or overly sensitive. These people are supposed to be MDs? I was really upset because now I deal with my psychiatric problems and my epilepsy by myself.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Delusional Doctor does not care gives you stimulants to get you hooked

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

He immediately put me on 120 mg adderall and never saw me just sent scripts in the mail . Too busy. Doesn't care. I do not recommend him. And the single positive rating... I'm sure he most likely wrote it . Please be careful

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

My neurologist referred me to Dr. Tesar after I was diagnosed with epileptic seizures with a strong psychiatric component. These two departments supposedly exist cooperatively with each other. I had already seen a licensed social worker for over two years with some help with my PTSD, dissociative personality disorder, severe anxiety and depression. She was good as far as she went, but I believed I needed a doctor to work more intensively with me and my PTSD, dissociative personality disorder, severe anxiety and depression. Tesar told me to go back to the LSW, case closed. I thought patients had a say in what they feel they need.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Overperscribes stiumulants, blows off patients. Never called me back and my condition never got better. I would never recommend him. Worst psych ever.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Tessar is the worst doc ever. I was referred to him by the Neurology Department after 2 visits for seizures. Dr. Tessar diagnosed me in 10 minutes as the seizures being anxiety related but didn't offer a treatment plan. Basically, he told me to "deal with them". When I had two seizures in one week, I called him. After one week of him not calling me back, I called again. It took him over 30 days to call me back. Unfortantely, I am still having the seizures but my family doctor believes that they are hormonal and is referring me to a hormonal specialist outside of the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Tessar is a horrible doctor. He sure didn't give me any solution to my problem, didn't offer counseling (if they were really anxiety/mentally based and he didn't even suggest me seeing another doctor. To date, I have had 16 of these seizures. I feel totally mishandled by the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Tessar.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

Dr. Tesar continued prescribing addictive stimulants despite the history of addiction and mental illness in our family. He stated that he did not have enough time to treat the problems and refused to do a psychiatric evaluation even though it was requested by a professional he recommended we visit.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

Dr. Tesar seemed to be too busy to give our son the care and attention we thought he needed. He and his office overprescribed ADD medication and then continued to overprescribe despite being informed of serious side effects. Dr. Tesar did not follow through with recommendations made by an independent counselor who was also involved in the evaluation. My impression is that Dr. Tesar is too busy to give proper attention to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. Tesar is the best. He and his staff have helped me through problems -- major and minor -- including outpatient issues and while hospitalized for almost 10 continuous months for a surgery and resultant complications.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. George E. Tesar's Credentials

• Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 55905 (Grad. 1977)

Beech Street Corporation