Ratings for Dr. JOHN H. Macfarlane

Still traumatized by the care I received in the hands of this "doctor". Recommend changing practices immediately if he may have anything to do with the birth of your child.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

My experience in this office has been horrendous. When i go into a doctors appointment i want to feel safe and in good hands. When seeing Dr Macfarlane it is completely the opposite of the way you should feel. He is extremely rude and could care less about how his patients feel. I dont even feel that my baby will be in capable hands if this man enters the delivery room. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Beware of this arrogant, incompetent and uncaring man. Not only he has terrible bedside manner, treats his patients and co-workers terribly, but worse of all is a bad doctor, unwilling to reverse poor decisons and even listening to the concerns of his staff, with awful consequences for the baby and traumatized mother. Stay away from this guy, and make sure he is not covering for your own OB/GYN when it's time for your delivery.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Macfarlane recently delivered my child. Worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. He was almost unavailable throughout my entire labor and most of the delivery. He said about 3 words to me when he came in the room and had little to explain about the complications we encountered. Dr. Macfarlane made it clear to me he did not agree with my decision to get an epidural for pain control and after 2.5 hours of pushing with no results Dr. Macfarlane was very vocal about his opinion on how ridiculous it was that I asked for a c-section and stormed out of the room leaving both my nurse and I confused as to whether or not he was calling in the OR team. Beware of this "doctor", he not only has a personality problem but also does not have good decision making skills (not what you want to encounter when you are giving birth). If I could give him zero stars for a rating I would.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Horrendous bedside manner, you would do better delivering your own baby at home than to have this guy be in charge of your delivery. Doesn't belong taking care of human beings!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. JOHN H. Macfarlane's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Wareham, MA