Ratings for Dr. Paul Beljan

Patients who see Dr Beljan should probably understand that he will do a great job with testing and diagnosis but therapy and empathy is not his skill set. He has a tendency to call a spade or spade (a communication style that I appreciate, especially paying out of pocket because he doesn't accept insurance) but he can lack a nurturing bedside manner. Just take the testing and results for what they are - a diagnosis and roadmap for the next steps, which won't include him anyway. He means well.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I stumbled across this, too, and can't believe the negative review. I just have to write that we are still using the incredibly helpful report Dr. Beljan wrote for our child 3 years ago. We've been told by a local psychiatrist it's one of the best reports he'd seen in many years (we went out of state to see Dr. Beljan). And our child routinely expresses that seeing Dr. Beljan and having his help was a turning point for him for the better. He spent a great deal of time and care and very personalized diagnosis with our child, very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I have had both the experiences documented on this website - the one that says Dr. Beljan and team are amazing and have helped me across time. Now I have had the other experience with his team, slow response, slow scheduling, forever to write up a somewhat helpful report that had inaccuracy in the information I gave. Hopefully you get the 4-5 star treatment.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I stumbled across this and HAD to write a review since I am still using the incredibly thoughtful report that Dr. Beljan and team wrote 5 years ago. It's so well done, useful and continues to be pertinent. He was respectful and continues to take calls and questions (free). Yes he is short/curt/to the point; almost like a medical doctor but has never once been rude, and while I did not want to hear everything he had to say - it has been almost 99% accurate over time. Now I beg educators to review his work and help my child.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Very arrogant, I would NEVER recommend taking your child to this clown!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Paul Beljan to anyone. His final analysis, after just a couple of short testing sessions with my son, reflected his lack of attention to what we said. It was flat out incorrect in several areas and I ended up sit through an hour and a half character attack on my son and our parenting--accompanied by some very bad advice on how to proceed (advice that several other counselors have deemed wrong as well). It wasn't until I was leaving that he mentioned "oh yeah, I'd probably put him on SSRI's because of his anxiety and OCD tendencies." I feel thoroughly traumatized by my experience with this clinic and would never recommend it to anyone. I've since discovered that this is not the first time he has had meetings like this...often with the child present. Thank goodness my son wasn't there to hear his damaging and incorrect assumptions.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I have had both my children evaluated by Dr. Beljan. He is thorough and puts the pieces together so fast! I have been extremely satisfied with his abilities and recommendations. Well worth the money to help me parent and to understand the tools needed to provide an educated parenting path for my kids. It's been 2 years in between seeing both children and my first is a new child! In the right school now, happy and learning.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011