Ratings for Dr. Gioacchino V. Franco

My wife is ALIVE because of this place. AMAZING. Ductal Carcinoma Breast Cancer Stage 4. We were told to sign up for hospice in November. 5 months after Sunridge, no evidence of CANCER.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Franco and his staff are amazing. My treatments at Sunridge were successful and having had Stage 3 Colon Cancer, I am now cancer free,

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I can't say enough good things about Sunridge - they saved my husband's life. Brian had been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer and we had run out of treatment options. A friend recommended Sunridge Medical which had cured her sister's Breast cancer. Even though it was almost 1000 miles away we decided to see if they could do anything for Brian. Everyone was so compassionate but not in that "your dying soon" way, but in a hopeful way. They said treatment would take 6 weeks but Brian did so well that we were done in 4 weeks. Brian starts back to work next week and says he feels better then he has in many years. These people and especially Dr. Franco were an answer to prayer!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Incredibly brilliant doctor with the great treatment options for Lyme. Dr. Franco spends tons of time with his patients and is very compassionate.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

saw many doctors prior to him, he is very knowledgeable on limes disease and how we should go about treating

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr Franco Rocks!! I was feeling pretty hopeless, and truthfully pretty desperate, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to go see him. Two and a half hour consultation that was friggin awesome! Great doc period, I am a believer.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Franco's medical knowledge has turned my life around. Prior to coming to his office, I was either dismissed or the prior treatments were not fixing the problem. My health is now progressing in a positive and forward direction, whereas before I was in a brisk downward spiral. I am off all pain medicines, and I am actually smiling! Thank you! You have restored hope!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I had lost all trust. I had a stage 3 breast cancer diagnosis - the conventional medical system had let me fall through the cracks and left me so traumatized and jaded there was no way I could trust them with more "conventional treatment". For two years I struggled on my own doing everything I could to give my body a fighting chance, with no support system, no doctor that would give me the time of day. I didn't follow their advice... so I guess it was either their way... or the highway. I was alone and out of my depth and getting more and more anxious that I was going to die. My mom asked me if I had heard of Sunridge Medical Center in Scottsdale, AZ. I had not and had not really considered traveling so far away to seek medical care, but after watching the patient testimonials and initially discussing my situation over the phone - I just felt like Sunridge was the place I needed to be. That was on a Saturday, I was on a plane Tuesday. It was nerve racking for me to meet Dr. Franco, was he just going to be another callous doctor that would treat me like I was stupid and not really listen to what was important to me? I had my guard up, I had been through so much at that point and I was no longer going to blindly trust another doctor. I remember telling him, "I need you to understand that I am here to participate in my own healing and I am not looking to be told what to do, this is my life and my health, and the only way I can go forward is for both of us to understand I want to collaborate to get to the bottom of this and find a way out". That took a lot of guts to be that up front and candid - but I had been victimized, bullied, terrified... and let down by other doctors - and I wasn't going to let that happen again. Dr. Franco didn't miss a beat - I guess he's probably seen and heard it all. He asked me to tell him my story - I asked, "since my diagnosis, or before?" and he said, "tell me your story from the point in time you think it is relevant". So I did. I learned more about my health in the few hours we spent together than I had the rest of my life. For the first time I felt supported, understood, heard and cared for. I felt like I was important, not just one of many patients. That was just the beginning of my care and experience with Dr. Franco and Sunridge Medical - and it just got better from there. I had traveled from Indiana to be under Dr. Franco's care - leaving my family behind. Although this was challenging in some regards, I found it healing in others regards. Sunridge Medical Center is an intimate operation - this enables them to have a great bedside manner - no one falls through the cracks and the staff earnestly gets to know you and care about you. I know it sounds totally cliche... and you'll hear folks say they treat you like family... but that is what I experienced, and what I needed. Through Dr. Franco - I learned to trust again. He was right there when I needed him - he never pushed me to do anything I didn't want to do - but he would gently urge me to considered some conventional treatments in addition to the incredible treatments he had formulated... He was opened to what ever would give me the best possible outcome - conventional / alternative - he wasn't attached the methods so much, as he was the outcome for the patient. I hate to think where I would be today without Sunridge, and owe a lot to my mom for finding the clinic, and much, much more to Dr. Franco and his incredible staff for taking baby steps with me so I could regain not only my health and trust, but my peace of mind.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Great services, very caring staff, will be back to finish treatment.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr Franco is certainly not the cheapest naturopathic doctor in town but from my experience, I think he is by far the best there is, period. I wish I had found him sooner. I've never been to a medical professional that made me feel like I am an actual member of his own family (and trust me I've been to many). I'd like to think that he just treats me that way but once you are at his office for treatment you see that he is like that with everyone. It became very clear to my husband and I from the first appointment that this is someone who puts his heart and soul into every patient and goes beyond being generous with his time, It is just who he is. Thank you so much Dr. Franco!!! and also thank you to Dr. Bob Martin radio show for recommending that I give Dr. Franco a try.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015