Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Meriwether

I met Dr. Meriwether due to an "emergency" brain tumor removal in Feb. 1992. I was blessed with an excellent surgeon who did not b.s. as to what the issues may be in the future. 22 years later I was blessed again to watch my son who was 1 at the time of surgery graduate from college. His staff was as informative as one could be regarding "brain surgery". He was most helpful in helping decide about seizure medicines and such...other than telling me not to ride my motorcycle in the future we never disagreed about anything. Thank you to Dr. Meriwether and his staff that I can rate him this many years later.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

By 1993, after some years of worsening back problems and constant visits to the chiropractor, I had a lower back problem and, at that time, Harley Street surgeons would not operate on me. Michael Meriwether was recommended to me whilst I still resided in the UK. He examined me and arranged for me to be admitted to Doctors' Hospital about three weeks later. He carried out the operation fusing, from my recollection, three vertebrae in the lower back. He told me afterward that he had never seen such a mess in someone so young! Practising in Sarasota he was used to those in the 70+ age bracket; which of course I now inhabit! Before the operation I used a walking stick; now I play tennis as often as I can.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2008

Had 2 laser surgeries. One in the neck in 2000 & redone in 2005 with a plate added. Another done in the lower back laser in 2001 & redone in 2008. Felt he did the surgeries for quick money. Was sent to pain management after the surgeries in 2000 & 2001. Often didn't see him at the appointments. Disapointed with what I can the "bandade fix". It didn't last.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

His laser disc surgery failed to produce the results as promised. When his procedure failed to work, he washed his hands of me and sent me for pain management. Does not listen well to patients comments.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

He and my attorney put me thru surgery I didn't need to up their pay offs. I'm left with massive pain and pinched nerves in my neck that I will have for the rest of my life. His follow up appts. consisted of me driving over 100 miles round trip so he could send me downstairs for an x-ray and tell me I needed 6 more weeks of therapy (at his friend's clinic I later found out). He never examined me, only looked at my x-rays which don't show anything with a titanium plate hiding the neck injury. My attorney made more off my settlement than I did. Watch out for this doctor and his friends Bernard Walsh, Attorney in Longboat Key, Florida (was in Sarasota, fl) and any physical therapy clinics they may send you to.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2006

Dr. Michael W. Meriwether's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1975)