Ratings for Dr. Marshall S. Flam

Dr. Flam is great. My husband has Stage 4 cancer and it was scary. Dr. Flam took the time to explain carefully what would be in our future. He was very friendly even to me as a woman. I feel fortunate that he is caring for my husband. Fresno is lucky to have him here as a local oncologist. I met many people from out of town that drive quite a distance to be treated by him.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

I went to Dr. Flam when I was 6 1/2yrs old when he diagnosed me with ALL. As one of the few children in is office I did not like the wait time. But all the staff at the time & Dr. Flam were always very nice to me & my mom, or grandmothers who would bring me to appointments. While treatment was aggressive I felt very confident that Dr. Flam's plan would get me better. And I am. I am now 31 and expecting my first child!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

I've been with various cancer-uffering relatives and friends to appointments with Dr. Flam. I haven't found him to be condescending to women, especiallt if one comes prepared with a list of specific questions. He does treat cancer aggressively. If he loses a patient, it's probably to pneumonia or another complication of aggressive treatment rather than to the cancer itself, but he gives it everything he has. My family has found that he ultimately respects the wishes of the patient and family as to when it's time to call it quits. Still, it's imprinted in his DNA to fught the cancer to the bitter end, My best friend in the world is thriving, and she would not be alivw todqy were it not for Dr. Flam. She faced breast cancer first, and then he flukishly discovered a melanoma that few doctors would have found. If I ever receive the dreaded diagnosis, he's my first choice.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Be prepared to wait 3-5 hours to get in for your appt. I feel this doctor has a personal war going on with cancer. The good part of that is that he is EXTREMELY aggressive with treatment. The bad part is that he has a huge ego, he doesn't listen to you, and I've seen him use chemo. until the very day a friend of mine under his care died. Sometimes, with cancer, there comes a time to try and die peacefully....not dying while throwing up from chemo. He was very knowledgeable, but I would never, ever go to him again with how he treated me personally....especially as a woman. He definitely respects men more than women so if you are a woman and go to him, bring along your husband or a male so you will be treated better. (Be prepared for him to talk with the man in the room and not to you.:(

flag | Submitted July 30, 2006

Dr. Marshall S. Flam's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1969)

Commercial Insurance Company