Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Lempel

Solved my problem with his attention to detail. Excellent Surgeon! Very skilled with his hands.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Fantastic experience. He explained everything in simple terms. He was courteous and knowledgeable and and made me feel extremely comfortable.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Simply the best! I highly recommend him and won't see others.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Excellent experience. I highly recommend Dr Lempel to all women that I meet.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

What a wonderful doc. Hope he delivers my baby. I always see him for my annual exam and won't see anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Love Dr Lempel! Left another GYN to find him. He did my hysterectomy which dramatically changed my life! Always feel like he listens to me and is very funny!! Never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Absolutely the worst office visit EVER! This doctor should stay in the OR behind a robot, because direct patient care is NOT his strength. He is impatient, rude, abrasive, and simply has a really bad bedside manner. He really should avoid the office. His communication skills are horrendous. Having been in the medical field for 20 years as a professional I was appalled at his utter lack of empathy for a young patient. Just intolerable. There are far too many choices out there to settle on someone like him. 4.32 minutes, that was the amount of time he spent for the appointment, and of that, 0 minutes were spent doing any listening to the patient. Overall just very disappointing.

Submitted September 11, 2014

I am almost 2 weeks post op from a da Vinci minimally invasive hysterectomy and I feel great! Dr. Lempel is a highly skilled surgeon and a great communicator. He took the time to explain the procedure in detail so that I understood exactly what to expect. The team at Sentara Hospital was wonderful. I spent one evening in the hospital with the majority of discomfort caused by the gas used in the surgery. I did not require the prescribed pain medication, just over the counter for the first 2 nights at home. My incisions are healing beautifully. I enthusiastically recommend Dr. Lempel. I am very impressed with the recovery from this surgery and believe that my results are a direct result of Dr. Lempel's expert use of technology. I wish I had done this years ago.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Lempel delivered our twins via C-section, the 4th and 5th children of our family. We have moved a lot so we have not had the privilege of working with the same doctor on more than one pregnancy. But we've had our share of O.B.s. We have never so instantly trusted a physician. His candor and confidence was both reassuring and refreshing. He spoke plainly, honestly, and neither talked over our heads nor condescended in his explanations. He was personable and professional, but also an extremely skilled surgeon. The delivery went very quickly, he continued to check in with me during the procedure, something that has not been common with my other C-sections. Very happy with Dr. Lempel would recommend him to anyone seeking an O.B.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Lempel delivered my son and saved his life via emergency C-section. My son was diagnosed with perinatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) and underwent hypothermia therapy at CNMC. If it wasn't for Dr. Lempel's quick response and expertise, my son would not be here today.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Dr. Michael S. Lempel's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Hospitals in Woodbridge, VA