Ratings for Dr. John K. Grothe

More of a salesman than a dentist. His staff just pushes you to do more, regardless of whether you need it or not.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I have been a patient for the past 8 years and have nothing but praise for the staff and Dr Grothe. Everything is explained in detail with NO pressure prior to any treatment. Dr Grothe has a very calm demeanor and it reflects in his interactions with patients and staff alike. Lakeside dental is the best kept secret in Spring Hill . This is coming from a patient that has had 30 + years of working in the medical field in the Spring Hill area. If you're the least bit apprehensive or afraid of going to the dentist you owe yourself a trip to his office. You won't be disappointed. This is how dentistry should be practiced

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

My husband & I have been patients for over 10 years & have received excellent care throughout the years. Never pressures or uses scare-tactics to get us to have a lot of uneccessary work done. The staff is pleasant & helpful, too.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I can a lot of AMAZING things about the staff & Dr. Grothe.. I called as a NEW patient, and was able to get in within an hour. From the moment I walked in until I walked out, I felt welcomed. Dr. Grothe immediately took care of my tooth issue, fixed it, and sent me on my way. I have had to go in wiht no appointment to get my partial adjusted and was assisted right away. THANK YOU ALL and will DEFINITELY reccommend your office to others...

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Grothe and his staff at Lakeside Family Dental Care are amazing. They are always friendly and professional. I had several fillings done by Dr. Grothe and am very pleased. Would recommend to anyone without hesitation! -Stephanie O.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Lakeside Family Practice for the past 15+ years. The entire staff is very professional and courteous. Being a patient with the practice is truly a pleasure. How many people can say that about a dentist's office!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Good experience , much better than last dentist I went to years ago, could have better communication between staff but otherwise overall good.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I recently went to Lakeside Family Dental Care for the first time a few days ago and I cant get over the wonderful experience I had there. I had a tooth that was hurting so bad for so long because I was to afraid to go to the dentist and I finally caved in and went. The assistant I had was very sweet and understanding of how nervous I was. When Dr. Grothe came in I warned him about how nervous I was and how much I hated going to the dentist. He told me not to worry because his name wasn't dentist it was John and it made me laugh. The during the whole exam and procedure he was so caring. He was always making sure that I was doing ok and told me any time I needed a break just let him know. I left there feeling so relaxed and now I don't see going to the dentist as that bad. I already have my next appointment scheduled for with office. If you are a wuss like me then you definitely need to go see Dr. Grothe!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

After x-rays of two teeth that need fillings, Dr. Grothe came in and explained that I needed at least one root canal and crown and possibly two on the previous mentioned teeth. I told him I had no toothaches or sensitivities in the teeth and the cavities appear small. He insisted I need root canals and crowns at a cost of $1817.00 each. His assistant did mention that I could join Health Allies discount plan and the cost would be reduced to $1110.00 Per tooth. I was not comfortable with his recommendation and decided to follow-up with another dentist that did a "complete" emulation and told me that I had two cavities that needed to be taken to be taken care of at a cost of $95.00 Per tooth. I believe to many dentists evaluate your dental needs by their pocketbook needs and not the patient’s best interest, and I believe Dr. Grothe is one of them.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013