Ratings for Dr. Seyed M. Khoddami

In the spring and early summer of 2017 I saw a Urologist named Seyed Khoddami in Ventura CA. He said that based on some X rays, I needed to get some kidney stones blasted with sound rays (nephrolithotripsy), which I did and did not cause me any problems. A few weeks later, he wanted to do a follow up surgery to assist removal of the debris from my kidneys. Khoddami is very difficult to understand because of his accent, poor communication skills and hurried approach. For example, he did not inform me prior to the surgery that he was planning to leave for a 3 week trip to Europe. He was so hurried that he also did not inform me that he prescribed an antibiotic causing me to start the antibiotic 2-3days after the surgery. I saw my family doctor (Dr Campwalla) a few days later. He did a urine culture which showed the original Rx ordered by Dr. Khoddami was wrong and the drugs he ordered were not going to help me deal with the level 9 or 10 pain I was suffering from a severe urinary tract infection for a period of 2-3 weeks. I had to insert a cloth in my mouth and clench down on it whenever I had to pee, which was sometimes several times I an hour. Dr. Khoddami was always very difficult to communicate with and he appeared to have a casual, almost cavalier, attitude towards me. This was apparent when he did not adequately discuss the risks and impact of inserting urinary stents into my ureter. My last encounter with Dr. Khoddami was when he returned and when he pulled out the stents which are supposed to be hollow, but mine looked more like a chain of small black plastic beads. It was so incredibly painful that I screamed. Dr. Khoddami seemed perplexed and indifferent about my agony while he pulled out the stents. I recovered rapidly after they were removed. I had to go to 4 or 5 ER visits before he finally showed up, but none of the doctors wanted to remove then stents before Khoddami returned.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect for the vasectomy experience and was relieved at how Dr. Khoddami and his staff operated. If there are any guys out there looking to get this procedure done and aren't sure where to go, I highly recommend Dr. Khoddami. My health has been great since and I've had no complications.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I Have lots and lots of respect to some one that he walks out of his house to save human life and that is who he is and he does that daily. What i was expected of him to Deliver, he delivered more than what he promised. I admire him. All those wonderful ladies that work hard and facilitate a surgery deserve appreciation, all those that help us after surgery deserve appreciation. I thank them all and i trust them. Thank you Guys you did such a fantastic job.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Despite being a registered nurse and having a decent understanding of medial terms and anatomy, Dr. Khoddami treated me like I was unintelligent and asked me questions I found inappropriate, including asking me if I knew where the "pee hole is". He spent the whole five minutes lecturing me about how to prevent urinary tract infections and did not listen at all. He did not allow me time to ask any questions. I was very disappointed in how I was treated and will never return to see Dr. Khoddami.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Khoddami was disinterested and disrespectful. He did not listen, he only lectured. He did not appear to believe me when I said I understood what he was telling me, I did not need to hear it again, he did appear to understand this visit as a total waste of BOTH our time. I think he is sexist and I left this visit feeling chastised and ashamed when I had nothing to be ashamed of. I would NEVER recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

my personal experience was positive, staff is very friendly and was able to get a appointment within a reasonable time frame I would recommend this doctor to my friends and family

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Khoddami saved my life. I had a serious infection. That could have serious repercussions. But he stopped the infection . . . Operated on me with the TURP procedure . . . I awoke from surgery with NO pain . . . And I went home with NO catheter. I have high regard for Dr. Khoddami and recommend him, JJG

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I have never met a doctor who seemed as uninterested in me as a patient. Didn't care what the problem was, didn't care how it affected me. Told me to just deal with the pain. He couldn't wait to leave the room and deal with something else that must have been more important. Maybe I caught him on a bad day, but he was a classless jerk and I would never go back for any reason. He only gets 1 star because there isn't an option for ZERO.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I feel completely confident in Dr. Seyed Khoddami !!!!! My personal experience with Dr. Khoddami has been up lifting. !!!!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

After reading all the glowing comments, I am sad to write this info. This person removed my son's kidney after it was told that it was full of cancer. Unfortunately we found no cancer and not one person ever explained the reason even when we continued to ask through other channels. We could not afford to go on and we have never received any explanation from anyone.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014