Ratings for Dr. Gustave Stephen Igel

If you want a real, quality, no nonsense OB/GYN without all the round about BS you'll find it with Dr. Igel and Robyn Reese, MSN! The staff is INCREDIBLE, very helpful and patient! I started out as a GYN patient and 8 months later was an OB patient. My husband and I couldn't agree more that Igel's office delivers on quality! Apart from the office experience, our hosptial delivery was beyond anything we could have ever imagined. Robyn was very professional and patient with me as a first time mom and Dr. Igel was there bright and early every morning to check on me. My husband and I can't wait to have number 2 because we miss the staff so much!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

The staff was average to very friendly. The Dr, however, sent me into such a shock that it took me hours to get over what he had said. I recently had a miscarriage, the only one in my life. He said something about taking hormone supplements ...I asked him simply what it was and why I may need to take it? I was very respectful with my questions. He immediately became defensive. Not only did he NOT answer my questions, but actually said to me sternly while my privates were exposed, as he was conducting an exam at this time ..."maybe I shouldn't waste the lab's money or time since you're not going to take the hormones anyway" (I thought: I never said I wasn't going to take the hormones & "lab's money, I thought it was my money?) and "then you can just continue to have miscarriages". I will NEVER be affiliated with such a rude, unprofessional, heartless Dr. as Dr. Stephen Igel. So I have to lose my amazing midwife Robyn Reese, as she works with him.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

The most caring doctor, NP, and staff. They are excellent n everyday. They delivered all three of my children. I actually look forward to going back once a year for preventative treatment.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Although the staff ( for the most part) were very friendly and I loved Robin. I waited for a very long time to see Dr. Igel( hours). When he finally did see me he was gruff, unfriendly and unwilling to answer questions. He was even rude to his staff. He rushed me in and out and even began rolling his eyes when I would try to ask him anything. I was very dissappointed in my experience and am looking for another doctor to deliver my baby. Reading some of the other reviews I am even wondering if I saw the same doctor! Very dissapointed

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

While I have to say almost all the staff including the Dr are great, and I mean GREAT, and leave us feeling happy, there is one staff member that does billing that does not care about the happiness of someone getting ready to give birth, she cares more about money and what you owe and always puts a downer on my wife and I's appointments at the end. If the staff got rid of this one person the office would get an A, but this lady is a downer every single time and needs to work on her people skills.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Dr. Igel is the absolute best physician I have ever been to. He is extremely knowledgable, professional and is matter of fact to the point with his patients. I faced extreme circumstances during the delivery of my only daughter and he brought both of us through perfectly. He is also very kind and has a way of making you feel at ease. Dr. Igel is amazing

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

I have been going to Dr Igel for 25 years. I've never had to wait any long extended times. Always in and out quickly. Friendly staff has been there long term. Very little if any staff turnover. My questions & concerns are always answered. I would highly highly recommend Dr Igel.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

I can not say enough about my AMAZING expierence with Dr Igel and his midwife Robyn. I was with a different pratice when I got pregnant and was not very happy with the other pratice. I changed to Dr Igel's pratice at 32 weeks pregnant. I was a little nervous moving pratices so late in my pregnancy. The move to this pratice was the best thing I could have done! Robyn delivered my son. She was AMAZING she was so supportive! What an amazing expierence! I would reccomend both Dr Igel and Robyn to anyone! The office staff is very helpful. I have not waited past my appointment time when I go into the office. Plain and simple THEY ARE AMAZING!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

I first started going to his office for a very scary female problem, which he was able to correct and keep that way for the last 6yrs. I have also had a child under his and his MidWife, Robin Reese, care and it was such a wonderful experience that I am currently under his care for my third child! I wouldn't dream of going to any other Doctor! His staff is amazing and they are beyond helpful. The office is always clean and welcoming. Appointments are easy to attain and wait time is minimal. I reccommend him to ALL of my friends and I also reccommend him to all that may read this. I know that I'll never go anywhere else, even if I have to pay cash to see him!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I'm pregnant. Dr. Igel gave me my 24 week check-up instead of my regular ARNP, Robyn Reese. Although his timing was prompt, I was very disturbed when he got on the issue about my weight gain. I have gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy, and I still have 16 weeks to go. He told me "you're going to hate yourself for gaining all that weight after the baby comes." He was really rude and superficial about the issue. Not to mention, instead of asking me to lift up my dress to take a heart beat count of the baby, he made himself welcome and lifted up my dress without asking or telling me. I was very uncomfortable. He barely counted the beats. He rushed in and rushed right out, and there was only one other patient waiting. I had questions that went unanswered because I couldn't wait to leave and I didn't feel comfortable asking. His staff is not very friendly. However, Robyn Reese, ARNP, is a wonderful practitioner who works at his office and I would suggest her to anyone having a baby.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010