Ratings for Dr. Assia A. Stepanian

I wish Dr Stepanian could be my doctor for everything! She is exactly what the definition of DOCTOR should be: very knowledgeable, caring, understanding, and takes the time to explain your diagnosis along with options at a level that is comforting. I was giving a diagnosis by another doctor that left me scared and in the dark. After 5 minutes with Dr Stepanian I felt at ease and that I was going to be okay. I cannot recommend Dr Stepanian enough!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

My journey with Dr. Stepanian began almost a year and a half ago. I came to her with Stage IV Endometriosis. From the first appointment, I could tell how attentive and patient she is with her patients. She listened to me, let me share my concerns and worked with me to create a plan. She was there during every step of my struggle, even when I was technically out of her care. It has been 9 months since my last surgery and I recently had a check up. I was so happy to share the amazing progress that I have had over the last several months. Dr. Stepanian is the kind of caring person that doesn’t just take note of your accomplishments, but rejoices with you in them. I could go on and on about how compassionate she is, however, I do not want to leave out the fact that she is a meticulous surgeon and is constantly working on new research and innovations in her field. Do not let the thought of a slight wait in her office keep you from getting the care you need. This only means that she takes her time and listens to her patients, giving thorough attention to each person she sees. I am so thankful to Dr. Stepanian, not only for the amazing results, but for being there at every step of the way.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2018

Families all over the world NEED to know about Dr. Assia A. Stepanian! I commence this review with informative & genuine sentiments. Dr. Assia A. Stepanian practices with genuine compassion. Once again, she has delivered beyond exceptional care to me & some of my family members & friends & even their parents etc. She went above & beyond & coordinated her schedule to be present during my high risk & major surgery.!!! This is rare indeed, if not nonexistent! She ensured that I was in the absolute best hands & my trust in her was already firm but it intensified more. She collaborated with a brilliant physician, Dr. Joseph Boveri, who is smooth, cool, experienced, an excellent listener, respecter of ones views of their health approach & more. Together they partnered up & helped me tremendously. Because Dr. Stepanian was present, I felt at ease & at peace mentally & at heart. Dr. Stepanian did not close me out or turn me away despite my complex medical condition. Having her present meant more than the world to me! She came by to check on me multiple times, called me after a long days work & texted me & responded to my texts despite her extremely busy schedule. She will ALWAYS be my blessing & dear one! I continue to pass her cards out even to complete strangers. If only the world were full of Dr. Assia A. Stepanian's, women's health care would be on another level in a positive way! 💝

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

She is the absolute best you could ask for or hope for. Highly knowledgeable, very helpful with any insight, answers any of your questions, take the time to explain what is going on, handles complications with the most gentle bedside manner. She is not only a wonderful MD/OBGYN/GYN/SURGEON/teacher/ expert she is also a good and truly genuine person. I can't say anything negative about my years of coming to her. She specifically is great and dealing with people like myself that have experienced sexual trauma/assault. However she is Just as wonderful with any & every area Of her expertise.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Stepanian MD is by far the most caring & intelligent physicians! As a nurse, I can confirm that she is across the baors the best OBGYN (& SURGEON) a women could hope for. Especially kind & takes time with each patient to make sure Pt feels comfortable & answers all questions.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Love this special lady. Excellent bedside manner and very professional.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

No complaints here, only words of praise. She's by fat the best GYN I've been to in my life. Wouldn't trade her for anything in the world and I'm so happy she's a part of my medical team.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

The front desk staff leaves much to be desired. Dr Stepanian has a warm personality and is very caring but doesn't seem quite as engaged as she was when the practice first opened.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I love this Dr. She comes in and gives you a hug every visit. She is very caring. She is very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what she is saying. Hands down she is the BEST doctor I know!!! She makes you feel at ease. She is so patient. She makes me feel like I'm part of her family by the way she treats me. I thank God for her and for sending me to her. Also, the office staff is very friendly and the office is always clean.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

What gynecologist do you know that begins your visit with a hug from her? I love this lady! After getting away -- no RUNNING FAST -- From Dr. Felicia Dawson in Midtown, I stumbled upon Dr. Step. in my search for holistic gynecologist. Dr. Stepanian has a wonderful bedside manner. Though you may have to wait on occasion, her svc is well worth it. She's very cordial, friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly, she's thorough! My previous gyno just blew off my pelvic pain and abnormal bleeding. Said it was not gynecologic in nature, that I need to see a gastroenterologist. Nonsense! But thanks to Dr. Stepanian, the problem was identified. She was very skilled in removing some polyps and monitoring the thickness of my uterine lining. The only thing that I feel like I miss out on is consultation/advice regarding diet, weight, lifestyle and overall health maintenance. I expected this to be part of the holistic gynecology approach. A lot of patients don't want to hear their gyno talk to them about losing weight and mental issues and stress, but at the end of the day, our health is wholly integrated. It's all connected. Anytime I get serious about dealing with what I'm eating and what's eating me, I watch all of my gynecologist problem improve!!! (With no co-pay required!) And that's the kind of approach I expect to get from a holistic practitioner. Still, I wouldn't trade Dr. Assia Stepanian for ALL my previous gynecologists combined! :-)

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015