Ratings for Dr. Gayle L. Fay

Wonderful Psychologist​. She knows what she is talking about and treats her patients with respect and listens to her needs.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

First of all I disagree with what the school SLP said in one of comments below! Our child has seen Dr. Fay for over 5 years and we have had an excellent experience with her and have always found her to be very accurate in her reports, and our other professionals have agreed with her too! She is also very experienced in her profession and she knows and understands many of the schools and school districts in the region. I'm very thankful to her and our son has also showed so much growth throughout years ! I also want to comment that DR. Fay is also very forthright with parents and you clearly understand what is going on with your child when you leave her office, but most importantly there is a plan and she helps support her families in ensuring that schools are doing everything that they can for your child, and are following the law! We have worked with several sped teachers, SLPs, OTs, and school psychologists throughout the years and none of them have argued or disagreed with Dr. Fay's reports. Instead they have appreciated her knowledge and expertise in her field! If your child's school disagrees with Dr. Fay, I would wonder about the school and their staff!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Fay and her staff. My family has been involved with Dr. Fay for over 5 years now. Let me be clear...Without Dr. Fay, our teenage boy would not be the success he is today. Dr. Fay and her staff have bent over backwards to accommodate us. Scheduling, check. Flexibility, check. Testing, check. Flying to another city to evaluate a school to make sure it's a fit and can be recommended, check. Finding a specialist outside of her office that we can benefit from, check. I can go on and on but her knowledge and experience should give anyone who lives with what it takes to raise a child with unique or special needs the confidence to know they have a real partner in their struggle. I don't struggle anymore. I read the other review that had things to say that were not supportive of Dr. Fay. I would venture to say that this persons experience is the opposite of everything we experienced. Regardless of the profession of the reviewer, I challenge anyone to a debate on Dr. Fay's ability, commitment, professionalism, quality of service, and follow through. I am also happy to meet with any family that would consider Dr. Fay and share more of our experience. Dr. Fay and her staff have been there for us in every way. I have no affiliation with Dr. Fay other than that as a very satisfied parent who clearly would go to bat for her any day. I have recommended her to others who have had very positive experiences.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I am a special education teacher and a parent of a child with special needs and I have experienced the opposite. Her evaluation has been accurate with my child and my own Pediatrician has taken his own children to her. In fact after two years of advocating for my son to get OT services in the school he now gets those services because of her report. Our school team has been very open to working with Dr. Fay and because of teamwork my son is getting what he needs and deserves. Bottom line the school district will always take care of themselves and not your child plus districts don't always recruit the best professionals. I would also like to state that our private OT, Psychologist, and past SLPs have agreed with Dr. Fay. School Districts have a lot on their plates and unless if your child is significantly low or the parents have advocacy skills or know and understand the law if your child scores borderline average on tests they are not going to receive services. I have also seen that schools are perfectly content if your child doesn't qualify for services even though they may fall into the weak average range some school districts are perfectly content allowing your child to fall through the cracks. I'm thankful my children go to school where they go to school and they are open to suggestions.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I am a school based Speech Language Pathologist and am writing to address Dr. Gayle Fay's poor professional judgments and recommendations that are repeatedly seen in her reports. She stated in a report that a child she "evaluated" had a receptive/expressive language disorder from ONLY administering a vocabulary comprehension test, in which the child actually scored in the average range. The other members on the school based team (including the OT and psych) also experienced the same. In my opinion, this person is not a professional and is simply telling the parents what they want to hear without doing a thorough evaluation.

Submitted June 13, 2013