Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Shy

Wonderful Doctor!!! So Happy we Found Him!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Shy is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and his bedside manner is amazing. He was very effective in treating my 13 year old son and making my son feeling like he was an active participant in his healthcare. We left our appt feeling well informed and well cared for by Dr. Shy and Shawna (genetics counselor). Dr. Shy is an expert in CMT and is an amazing neurologists.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Dr. Shy and his staff at the Wayne State University CMT Clinic were superb in every respect. My one-day visit to his clinic in August 2011 provided me with many helpful insights into the CMT1A that was first diagnosed for me 52 years ago. That day at the clinic I saw many specialists affiliated with the clinic and learned much from them all. In particular, Dr. Shy was exceptional - very clear explanations, gave me all the time I required and was available all day as questions arose. My son and grand-daughter, both of whom also have CMT1A, also went through the clinic with me that day and found the experience invaluable. Absolutely top marks for all the CMT clinic staff!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable about Charcot Marie Tooth disease. A very kind man, explains everything in detail.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Dr. Michael E. Shy's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1979)

Harvard-Pilgrim