Ratings for Dr. Poonam Khanna

Her assistant is rude! We called because we needed Dr. Khanna's help in between appointments but she was not willing to help or talk on the phone. Her assistant told us they had an appointment in 3 weeks but we needed to figure out what to do on our own. Needless to say I would not refer her to anyone!!!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I have struggled with depression, anxiety, and OCD throughout my life and have been to several doctors. I have moved several times and have had to find new doctors upon arrival. I have had very good experiences with my doctors and am grateful for their help and knowledge. Now for my experience with Dr. Khanna. Dr. Poonam Khanna has a comfortable office, a very sweet secretary and is always dressed to the nines. What was difficult to swallow was her adamancy to see me once every 4 weeks, and her decision to taper and/or change medications at an extremely slow rate, (I have since had doctors tell me it's strange how slow she was making changes and how many doctors visits she felt necessary all in the name of "safety"). Most doctors I have seen have understood how expensive these appointments can get and have shown me the care and flexibility needed in order to continue treatment. At a point in my treatment with her I remember calling and communicating with Dr. Khanna's secretary about my financial situation, (and my financial inability to see her every 4-6 weeks). I explained to her how other doctors I had seen had helped me navigate the costs and sessions in a manner that I would enable me to be able to continue to receive treatment. A couple of days later I received a phone call from the secretary. She said she had spoken with Dr. Khanna and she told her to tell me “If you're so happy with other doctors, you should go see them." In my experience, it has always been clear when a doctor cares for a patient, and when they work for money. Unfortunately, in this case, the latter was apparent.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014