Ratings for Dr. John A. Jones

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Jan 2014. I had my first lumpectomy with a surgeon recommended by a friend. I ended up with a miserable experience, a severe infection, and a pathology report saying the cancer was still there. I switched doctors and met Dr Jones after learning he treated two of my friends. It was a night and day difference with him. We discussed my prognosis and treatment options and he spent the extra time with my husband and I to give us the comfort we needed in making the right decision. He was thorough, provided back-up studies for us to read, always honest and open, never pressured us for time, and was extremely compassionate. I underwent two lumpectomies with Dr. Jones and he and his team were top-notch. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment options for cancer. He is an extremely talented surgeon with compassion for his patients. Plus he's focused on the best short and long term success.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I'm only 23 and had lump in my left breast. It was painful so I my dr referred me to Dr. Jones. They got me in within 2 weeks he was so nice and immediately did an ultrasound. He gave me options and said he would do whatever I felt comfortable with. Being nervous, I had about 100 questions all of which he thoroughly answered never rushing through or showing impatience. He had me in 2 weeks later for surgery to remove the mass and did an exceptional job!! His staff was so sweet and welcoming too!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

I've had severe fibrocystic lumps for 10+ years. Other doctors forced mammography on me despite the pain (not to mention that its controversial b/c of the radiation and compression of very sensitive tissue, although few U.S. docs will even go there in conversation.) The last mammo left me with lingering pain on my right side. Dr. Jones was the only Dr. who used ultrasound and ordered MRI instead, to make sure things were okay (insurance paid). He also recommended Evening Primrose Oil which really helped reduce cyst tenderness. Staff and nurses are very nice. I drive an hour. Was really frustrated by the time I saw him and it was a relief. At just 30 I had docs telling me: mammos are the ONLY option for you and there is NO risk involved. Right! (Now global mammo recs have changed anyway. Tired of arrogant docs who are not interested in individual patient concerns and evolving research, only in keeping their mammo factories running.)

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr. John A. Jones's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Commercial Insurance Company