Ratings for Dr. Matthew L. Smith

Dr. Smith gave me my first pregnancy pelvic exam which was incredibly painful in fact the entire night after the exam I was in such pain I was cramping severely and crying. I have had many exams before and after and never been in such pain and I actually screamed during the exam. He was condescending and took offense to the fact that I believe that I have power and decision over my own body. He was incredibly perturbed at the fact that I expressed both belief in God and obedience to him. He is a sadistic piece of manure with a God complex. I switched OBGYNs after that appointment it was my first and last with that horrible excuse of a medical professional. I urge you to look elsewhere this man should be ashamed of himself and certainly doesn’t take the Hippocratic oath to heart. If you are looking for a Godless arrogant self-worshiping brutal physician that has no respect for God, women and life than by all means make an appointment.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Have been seeing Dr. Smith for 5-6 years. Great 'bedside' manner. Listens, easy to talk to. Very nice. Wish he could be my doctor for everything!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Very good doctor. Kind. Reassuring when there are problems. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

Very nice and helpful. Good surgeon; delivered my son via C-section and all went well. I like him a lot and would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Dr. Matthew L. Smith's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med