Ratings for Dr. David M. Sherman

Dr. Sherman has been very supportive and accessible. Finding the right medication for me has been a process, but I've always felt fully informed. Dr. Sherman has even been available to me for a check in over the weekend which is very comforting to me. I feel like I am in vry good hands.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Sherman for the past 5 year. He has helped me get a better footing at work and has helped me improve my marriage. His approach to medication is extremely thoughtful and reassuring.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Sherman is simply a great doctor. He is very thorough. He took the time to really get to know me and has been very helpful to talk through a lot of things. He does not take insurance, however, which is a bummer

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Sherman for weekly therapy for the past 6 months. I find Dr. Sherman extremely caring, thoughtful, and engaging. He is also open and completely non-jugmental, which has eased the process of talking about difficult things. He also has constructive ideas that are outside the box. I have worked with other therapists and this has not previously been the case. I am trying to think of anything constructively negative...I wish his fee where a little lower. In short I have found Dr. Sherman extremely helpful to me.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I optimistically met Dr. Sherman in hopes of starting a new treatment plan. During my initial 90 minute consultation with him, he was not thorough at all in gaining previous history and maintaining structure. In fact, he was unsure of what to speak about, kept dazing off into the distance, spoke extremely slow in order to drag out time, and kept looking at the clock behind me. Furthermore, he would not accept my suggestion of seeing him every two weeks instead of every week. For me, some type of therapy is better than nothing. However, he strongly felt that if I did not see him every week, he could not be my psychiatrist. With the outpouring of qualified and prominent psychiatrists in New York City, one would expect a psychiatrist to offer their full effort and reinforcement. During the last 30 minutes, he had no idea what to talk about (again, no structure). I ended up concluding the appointment early and asked for a price discount due to my unhappiness with the service.

Submitted October 27, 2012