Ratings for Dr. Taher A. Shams

I recently moved from up north. My first visit I tried to explain all my medical conditions and the doctor treated me as a drug addict. I was deeply offended and left his office in tears. 2 weeks afterwards I see him again for a follow up and after he receives my records from up north, he refers me to 3 specialist. Getting to the point I got hospitalized with pancreatitis from medication interaction. Again he prescribes medicine that does not relate to any of my conditions along with the wrong dosage. In the end I had to file a grievance with my insurance company and will soon have a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Thank you doctor shams for saving my life the best doctor ive ever had

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

ADAM V. - T. Shams M.D. Great Doctor, excellent staff, expedient service. You can't ask for very much more!! I Will recommend this office to anyone looking for quick service and friendly staff. "TWO THUMBS UP"!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

This Dr is very knowledgeable always with accurate diagnosis and efficient treatment , has best bed side manner , never rushed me or any of my family out , never left the room before he explains what is the problem and the plan of treatment , his staff are very friendly and caring , they get you a referral and follow up appointments on time . that is a big change from my previous Dr. I'll not change doctors again I'm very happy that I know this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Stay away from this doctor!! He argues with patients, gets easily irritated, and will actual YELL if he is asked too many questions or challenged by a patient that KNOWS what they are talking about. Lacks empathy. Seems tired of working. If you have multiple medical problems he will treat you as if you are a problem, not a patient who deserves help. Getting referrals to specialists is impossible. The very specialists he says you need to see. Office staff is RUDE, also argues with patients. What is the reasoning for their bad attitudes? The medical PROFESSION needs professionals, not resentful, angry and lazy people. Where is the professionalism here from Dr. Shams and staff??? Avoid this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

The doctor was friendly, but the girl at the front desk, Alliah I think her name was, has the worst attitude I've ever witnessed. I guess me asking for a copy of my Childs records was too much of an inconvenience for her. She literally rolled her eyes at me. SO RUDE! People like that should not work in health care. AT ALL. Ugh I won't be back.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Be ware, this doctor is unpredictable, he is disrespectful, has a smart-mouth, and always ANGRY. He hold grudges and will smart his mouth at you. Me and my beloved father were at his clinic on Mon 28,2016, He entered the room and started reviewing the lab results with me and my father, so he was explaining to me some results and I could not understand it, so I asked him again, OMG he broke lose!!, this doctor got upset and said : 'how many times are you going to ask me the same question again? I already told you the answer , do I need to repeat it ten times?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Just so you know this doctor is from the same country and religion I am so no biased here, he is in his 70's . So I kept silent, then at the end he recommended another lab test for my sugar level, so I asked do we need to come back here to see the results? He then again got so excited , and said you don't need to come , we don't want to see you!!!!!!!!. wow is this a mature doctor ?? OMG Can you believe these manners coming from a doctor? His staff are super friendly and fast,however, when it comes to him, he intimidates his staff ,and he acts like he is an Egyptian Pharaohs.

Submitted March 30, 2016

I've been going to shams for a very long time and own a business in town and I've never experienced anything but great service from ladies up front. Always happy to adjust my appointment and dr shams has been more then helpful to help me with what I need as a patient. Seems like a lot of fake ads.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Don't go to this doctor even if your life depends on it. He won't listen to you, he won't check your medications, he won't order tests, he won't adequately review tests, he won't communicate results with you, he doesn't want to see you, his office won't be able to get you referrals, or medical equipment, or any help with anything. I was warned before about Dr Shams but I didn't listen. Don't do what I did. AVOID this doctor completely!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

possibly the worst "physician" I have ever seen. Belittle my son told to lose weight, said did believe his symptoms, asked repeatedly why he was lying to him rude and disrespectful to me. I'm 60 now, and seen my share of doctors, and told me to shut up and sit down and to quit smoking. He is a disgrace to the medical perfession

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015