Ratings for Dr. George D. Peterson

Dr. Peterson's office is the best equipped in Key West - from knowledgeable & helpful staff to the best OB/GYN ever. There are always people who could complain about him not taking Medicaid anymore, but Dr. Peterson is the BEST care for your OB care and the most amazing Dr. for gynecological issues and surgeries. He has given birth to all my kids and now is providing the same service for my kids. I just had a DaVinci surgery with him which has been the most amazing experience. Hysterectomy surgery on Friday, out patient procedure and at work on Monday. He is the Best of the Best. When reading reaviews you have to be very careful. I say this because of the negative reviews I read on this webiste ..... believe me .... he has been my Dr. for years and I would never ever change. Extremelly knowlegeable and always going that extra mile wanting to help his patients. There can always be a hickup wherever you go, but trust me, call his office and you be the judge .... you will love it.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

These are the rudest people you will ever meet. If you want your new experience with your baby to be a pleasant one, then find another doctor. Bedside manner is awful. Treated Nurses like pigs.Also after the delivery they screwed up the paperwork, they threatened to take me to collections, and the bill (after all the problems were fixed) was dated only 12 days earlier. Then when I called for extension of time, the rude lady would not help me, and then put the Dr on the phone, and he berated me for about 2 minutes about how to talk to his employees. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR you will not have a good time.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Trust your insticts. If you don't feel he's explaining things or even remembers you from visit to visit, find another doctor. Even if the office does call and yell at you. It's your healthcare, it's your right.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Nice guy but only cares about money!! Would says he is one of the best tho

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

His staff especially Isabella and himself have been excellent to us. They are extremely caring and understanding. I am glad Dr Peterson was recommended to us.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

So far, so good....helpful, prompt, courteous phone treatment...

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

horrible dr. he does not care nothing, just the money. He is very lazy. he forgets everything, and you need remaind him every single detail. He does not like his job.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

I went to person with my first child he was good. But as for staff they are the worst ever very rude. Didn't go back to him because one docent take my insurance and even if he did wouldn't go back due to staff. But now that Im with a new doctor I've noticed things he never did but i didn't know any better because it was my first pregnancy. He never checked my blue coss test for high blood pressure and didn't do regular urine test to check for several things. My new doctor dose all that and he informed me it's very important to do them even if I'm not at risk or ever had problems with them before because pregnancy can change not only your body but everything. I'm happy I got a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

first the staff: unprofessional and unprepared for appointments, blaming me for not having test results as if I work for them. staff unable (due to skill) to draw blood causing me to go else for tests. took 33 days to get an appointment and my follow up 3 months later was only to read results of the tests! that could have been handled on 2 weeks or with a phone call. Doctor: he provided a lot of lip service and did not listen to the concerns i had. All this office wants is multiple appointments so they make more money and give you no actual services or treatments. Would NEVER go back or recommend to anyone unless you like to waste your time and money.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

I went to Doctor Perterson for my first Birth in 07 and as for the Doctor his wonderful very knowledgeable.He's staff was dry got right to the point.Im having my second child now 2010 and wanted to go back to him because I trust him and love him as a Doctor. But after my experience with his Staff this time trying to make a app. is nothing but impossible, the receptionist NEVER picks up the phone. After calling and leaving messages for a week she gets back to me and lets just say shes VERY unprofessional and not knowledgeable about anything and she was so Horrible and mean and rude, she made me cry and throw up keep in mind I pregonet and I told her that because she got me so upset and then yelled at me more.She seem to be mad that I said I was trying to get a app. For a week with no luck of anyone calling me back. I left that on the message maybe she got in trouble?So I would NEVER tell anyone to go to him due to his Horrible unprofessional,rude receptionist and office manager.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

Dr. George D. Peterson's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Unicare