Ratings for Dr. Jaspreet S. Sekhon

Dr. Sekhon had an x-ray technician put a cast on my hand (which had a hairline fracture). Sekhon didn't want to be in the Rm with me because he feels like he is above everyone. He is cold, callous & obnoxious. If he wouldn't be in a hurray maybe he would, just maybe he would be a 1/2 decent doctor. It wouldn't hurt to have some sensitivity training too. A little TLC goes along way.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

He is harried, tense and nervous with me. Completely dismissive of me and my condition and acted like I was wasting his time. He exhibits a dismissive avoidant attachment personality style, which made me really uncomfortable for the short 3-minute visit. He acted like he had better things to do and wanted out asap, especially when he snapped the manilla file folder shut and sprinted for the door. He is self-absorbed instead of concentrating on the patient and he makes you feel badly that you are wasting his time by making the appointment. I would never recommend him to family, friends or coworkers. I hope the multitude of insurance companies read this honest review and pull him of their lists of "preferred providers," but he is certainly not that. I was not only in pain my from condition, but my visit with Dr Sekhon was just as painful and left an indelible scar on my memory for the worst doctor's visit. I found him curt and inconsiderate, care-less and uninterested in my health complaint. I would never recommend Dr Sekhon to anyone. Not ever. Not after my terrible experience with him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr. Jaspreet Sekhon is the fourth and last orthopedic doctor I went to for help with shoulder pain in both shoulders. I knew about a tear in my right shoulder from an old injury but didn't know what was going on with the left. The first doctor I went to never even suggested surgery for the right, even though I had a complete tear. The second doctor I went to hooked me up to an EMG machine for nerve damage and sent me home with a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. They never even took an X-ray. The third doctor sent me for MRI's on both my shoulders and found I had a complete tear in my left shoulder and the right shoulder got significantly worse from the first MRI. This doctor painted a pretty bleak picture of how it is probably too late to do anything with the right shoulder and said I should have had surgery when it first happened. As far as the left shoulder, he thought I should see a shoulder specialist and see if it is salvageable. This is where Dr. Jaspreet Sekhon comes in. I met with him and after he read my MRI reports the new ones and the old one, he immediately walked over to my right shoulder and talked about how he was going to fix it. He explained thoroughly what was involved, how long the healing would be, and what I should expect from it. He was very confident and had no reservations or hesitations about doing the repair. One month later I had the surgery and because of his gifted talent and surgical skill, it was a total success. On a more personal level, he is very approachable for questions and in fact encourages it. I am forever grateful to Dr. Sekhon for giving me back my right arm when no other doctor would or could. I strongly recommend anyone who has any orthopedic issues to seek this doctor out first because you won't have to keep searching and suffer with pain any longer.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

bad bedside manner and does not treat all patients alike. he's only concerned with more serious traumas and doesn't give time to patients with less severe conditions--those patients are treated like 2nd-class citizens! he treats only the condition rather than the whole patient, with complete disregard to patient's wishes and treatment of side effects/after-care for a given procedure. his ego is greater than his desire to care for patients. unless you're undergoing a major surgery, he is uninterested in the patient and treats them like a 2nd-class citizen who is not worthy of his time or attention. he cares more about getting paid than caring for the patient. i would not recommend him to a friend or family member.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015