Ratings for Dr. Chelsea L. Chesen

She is unstable, unethical and immoral. An atheist - and uses profanity all the time. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

The MOST AMAZING psychiatrist I have worked with for treatment of my daughter. She spends such a quality length of time with us at each visit, explains situations in detail, came to school appointments to help advocate for the needs of my child, and is always available by phone to support my daughter during rough patches. I am also a Licensed Mental Health Provider, and I have seen very few psychiatrists with the depth of knowledge and consistent care for patients as Dr. Chesen has shown.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have seen Dr. Chesen off and on for several years. I love her. She is supportive, helpful and a very genuine person. I don't understand the negative comments.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Wow, a couple of these reviews make me really wonder if I've been seeing the same doc! Dr. Chesen has been nothing but fantastic - accurate diagnoses and expert at handling multiple meds. Finally, I was correctly diagnosed and put on the right meds - and what I love the most about her is that she is *not* just a "pill-pusher." Believe me, I've been to plenty of those, the docs who see you for 10 minutes tops, hand you five scripts then push you out the door until next time - and charge you $120 for the pleasure. Dr. Chesen is so NOT like this. She actually *talks* to me, *listens* to me, and has done nothing but treat me with the utmost compassion and respect. She is a godsend and a rarity among psychiatrists. I have been seeing her for four years and would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

This doctor has consistently demonstrated an aggressive approach including verbal threats, extreme use of profanity, poor professional boundaries and is unapproachable when problems with medications arise. I have personally experienced her attempting to use bullying and intimidation as a means of motivating behavior change, which honestly only compounded mental health issues. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone for any reason.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

ill start by saying that when I saw her for the 1st time I loved her. for the first time I experienced hope. I am almost 40, am bi polar am an extreme insomniac. I was excited, felt she understood & for the 1st year of treatment felt we were on the same wave length. I am extremely med intolerant & ended up on lithium & some drugs like zanex, etc. Problem started when I needed to get on FMLA, paperwork was due asap. Was promised it would be worked on over the weekend. Called on Mon cause company told me what it needed to say word 4 word, learned paperwork had not been started.Extremely concerned ,called back. She fired me! Sent letter to give to new dr , said refused all med stabalizers except lithium not true tried several just didn't work couldn't get w, new dr 4 over month, wouldn't scribe benzos does get you hooked on drugs other docs wont prescribe&drops you.Gave me hope & stole it. Don't believe in drs anymore. Some of us just wired wrong. Read somewhere no cure ever 4 being me.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

Obviously, those that reviewed Dr. Chesen negatively are entitled to their own opinion, but I have been seeing her three years almost to the day for a reason. I feel I was accurately diagnosed on my first appointment, and over the years, as the need for med changes has arisen (often because I *asked* for changes), Dr. Chesen has managed a highly complex med regimine with care. And when I did have problems and new meds were in order, I was always pleased with the innovative ideas we discussed. Regarding "bedside manner," I am not an emotionally "easy" patient, but Dr. Chesen has never been anything but patient and kind with me. Honestly-- I would have thrown up my hands with me long ago, but she hasn't and won't. There may be someone better in Omaha, but I doubt there are very many.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

This has to be the worst psychiatrist I have ever been to. She puts you on meds, and then threatens to drop you as a client if you have issues. WORST

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

After 3 yrs of "treatment" this woman divulged personal/confidential info about me. She also pushed continued use of narcotics knowing me to be in AA recovery. NOT ethical.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Beware of this quack! After a 40 minute discussion, Dr. Chesen put me on medication for supposedly being bi-polar. Upon consulting with another Dr., I was given a lengthy assessment and it was determined I am not bi-polar. The supposed Dr. is a pill pusher, and anyone utilizing her services should be aware.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011