Ratings for Dr. Edward Chelist

What is funny, is that everyone posting on this page has had the need to be seen on a quick basis. Everyone who needs to be seen wants to get in in a timley mannor. No one wants to sit in the waiting room for 2 hours or wait 2 weeks to be seen. In order to make this possible, to see as many patients that have the need, you must move on a quick basis. Everyone is happy when they get what they need, but no one is happy when when it is not on their terms. Ignorance is bliss, your not the only patient that needs to be seen.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

dr chelist strikes me as someone who is abrupt,and fails yo listen fully to what is said. he has walked out of the examining room in the middle of a conversation;tends to care more about moving patient out rather than caring.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

He is fast and efficient; an HMO's dream. Churns patients through with dispatch. Does not do treatment - refers patients to specialists - but is some case will prescribe medicines. Gives impression of being in a hurry. Goal is to get you finished and move on to the next patient. Little or no explanation of condition and/or treatment/medication. Not mean or rude - just machine-like in getting the patient processed. Annual physical is completed in about 5 minutes. If I had much more interaction with my primary care physician, I might be prompted to change to someone more approachable, friendly, and helpful. Haven't done so yet. I guess I care about folk's feelings too much.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Went to see him once. Couldn't get a timely appointment last year, so went elsewhere, which worked out very well for me. Dr. Chelist prefers to publically broadcast his conversations with patients in the hallway or front desk, rather than in private. He said he would send my medication refills to the pharmacy. According to the nurse and pharmacy, this was not done, there was no record of my physical in my chart, so another doc could renew the prescriptions for him since he couldnt be reached....was told I'd have to schedule another appointment, but they didn't have any openings for 8 weeks and couldn't give me an appointment with another doc either, due to policy!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Chelist has been my PCP for 8 years. He has handeled the regular illnesses, colds, etc and more cronic bronchitics and pneumonia. Also he has been dealing with my MS since 2002. He is always pro-active and listens to my concerns and answers my questions. He is always very thorough and makes sure I understand the diagnosis and the treatment. He is busy but takes the time I need. If one treatment or perscription doesn't work, he will keep adjusting it until he finds one that does. I feel very secure in Dr. Chelist's care.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

He sent me off in a splint after waiting 3 hours, then called me a week and a half later saying the wrist actually is broken and I needed to go see someone else.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2007

He does not listen to to what is wrong with you.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2006

Dr. Edward Chelist's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal