Ratings for Dr. John J. Lettice

I've had both neck surgery and lower back surgery with Dr. Lettice with fantastic results. He has worked as a team for many years with Dr. Kula and Dr. Kelley. I highly recommend Dr. Lettice for any type of spinal cord surgery.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Doctor Lettice saved my life. When I met him I could only stand for 4 minutes. I was in so much pain! I didn't know that the bottom of my back was missing. I had a 10 hour surgery with a huge team. In just months later, I am able to walk again without any walker. I can stand up straight after 30 years. I recommend him to ANYBODY that is in severe pain.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

After 3 previous surgeries and many procedures over 8 years my back and pain was worse than ever. On a referral I saw Dr. Lettice and learned more about my condition in my first appt than all the years w/ previous drs and surgeons. After my surgery to correct a failed fusion I now have my life back, thank you Dr. Lettice!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

After two years of unimaginable pain i thought i might never recover from, my pain management doctor referred me to Dr. Lettice. He said Dr. Lettice was the only surgeon in California he would trust with a spinal surgery as complex as the one I needed (multilevel lumbar fusion). Dr. Lettice carefully explained the entire procedure, to help get me comfortable with it; advised me how best to prepare for the surgery for the best possible outcome (exercise, nutrition, etc.); negotiated with my insurance company for me, when they initially refused to cover the surgery; performed the surgery over two 8-hour days and visited me every day in the hospital for 10 days post-surgery; and continues to advise me now that i am recovering. I am now completely pain-free, back at work, working out and feel fantastic. Dr. Lettice is not only an awesome surgeon, but a super nice guy-- i would recommend him to anyone looking for a skilled surgeon with a caring, compassionate bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Great experience! from my very 1st visit to see Dr Lettice to the time he discharged me home from my surgery :) Dr Lettice is by far the best!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011