Ratings for Dr. Harris M. Hauser

I've been seeing Dr. Hauser for 5 years. His bedside manners are a little rough around the edges, nonetheless I had developed a decent relationship with him. I had been concerned for a few years that he could not recall my medical history correctly and I had to remind him or correct him on many occasions. Then he would review my records and redirect/revise his explanations of his diagnoses and/or recommendations for the course of treatment. I was understanding about this, as he is around 80 years old. I kept telling myself that this meant he had a lot of experience to reflect on, and this would allow him to more accurately diagnose and treat me. Until about 1 year ago, he had a wonderful receptionist, Juaqita, who dealt with all of his administrative needs such as relaying messages to him and back to me about medications, making appointments, and submitting prescription refills. He seemed a little forgetful and somewhat unorganized and she did a great job at keeping him in line. When he acquired a new receptionist/assistant, Barbara, things took a turn for the worse. I was no longer able to get them to electronically send prescription refills to my mail order pharmacy because she could not figure out how to do it. If I had a question about the medication I was taking and needed to get a message relayed to Dr. Hauser, 90% of the time she would give him the wrong information. It became a regular occurrence for it to take 2 weeks to resolve any issues with my medication and get the correct medication refilled. She is also about 80 years old. I think this may be one of the problems. After many attempts at getting timely refills and correct information relayed between me and Dr. Hauser, I finally realized that this doctor and his assistant are just too old to be in practice. This really saddened me, as I am quite fond of older people because of their vast life experience. I would caution anyone who is looking for a psychiatrist to choose Dr. Harris Hauser. Although he is a decent psychiatrist, he and this new assistant together are just a disaster!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Harris M. Hauser's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1955)