Ratings for Dr. Katherine Boyd

Office staff pitiful. It’s unfortunate because Doctor Boyd is a good knowledgeable doctor. She is very sweet! Staff is pitiful.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I've been going to her for 18 years. She has delivered 2 of my children. She has always taken care of me really good. She explains everything to me. I will not have anymore children because she retired from being a OB Dr. I couldn't go to another OB Dr. She's the best. The front staff aren't very friendly or professional.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

I have never in the years I have been receiving "well woman" visits experienced a staff such as the ones at this office. I have had to receive TWO pap smears in matter of 3 months, yes TWO times because the first time they didn't run all the test I inquired about and requested. After receiving a post card with check marks by everything (except a pap smear, which is the MAIN reason I went) I decided to call and find out why the post card was not filled out correctly and the results. I was told everything was fine, except my sugar count. I continued to ask about the STD screening and was told THAT WAS NOT DONE, despite my request. Naturally upset, I was informed I could come in again and have the test done (but may be charged for the lab work this time around) but they will wave the co pay. Once I finally able to make the appointment (I have a job and its not easy taking time off) I was STILL CHARGED. I was told I would receive my results within a week via the same method as before and if I didn't hear from them that everything came back fine, but if ANYTHING was found I would be notified. 2 weeks passed and checked my mail that night only to find out I had tested positive for HSV2. Again, naturally upset that I wasn't notified I called the following morning. No apology, no concern, just was told, "oh well I don't know what happened, but yea you have genital herpes and you'll have it for life." WOW, really? so upset that I'm finding this out, the way it was handled added to the frustration. Nothing made since. She set the appt. after sleeping on the matter and not receiving a call back from the nurse the second time I decided to cancel the appointment and seek out a different doctor. I received a missed called today 2/25/16 from their office and called back only to hear they are trying to confirm the SAME appt. I cancelled the week before (Not the first time this has happened, I had an allergy test that I cancelled but they didn't on their end), I again canceled and requested to speak with a supervisor, but was told she was out until Monday. I Left a message and awaiting her phone call. To say that I am upset with this office is an understatement. 120.00 worth of copays (to get the same test done) and 2 invoices from lab corp. that I am going to have to pay for the SAME tests that should have been done the FIRST time. I'm looking forward to speaking with the manager and hoping the conversation will go better with her than the staff and she's more professional. Thanks for reading

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

i went to see this doctor because i have a cyst in my ovarian, she checked me really fast and she said that i have to do surgery. she scared me, she didnt explain nothing, she didnt give me any midecin for pain. i went to other doctor and she said u dont neen any surgery.this doctor is horrible, and not knoledgable at all.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Front office staff is very rude. The exam was mercifully brief, since it was quite painful. The doctor recommended a hysterectomy without offering any other options, and she subject of menopause was never mentioned even though I am the right age.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I always have to wait forever. Never answer the phone. They do not communicate. I always have a bad experience. The Dr has only seen me once. & the rest of my visits I've had to be seen by the nurses or the nurse practitioner... Very disappointing...

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

2nd pregnancy not involved and failed to take action. i had a complicated delivery. my daughter has cerebral palsy

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

I really enjoy the staff every time I go the nurses are so helpful and knowledgable. I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Dr. Katherine Boyd's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1992)

• BCBS Illinois