Ratings for Dr. Vaidyanath L. Iyer

Have never had a problem with Dr Iyer, his staff has always been pleasant and helpful

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Saved my life!!!!!!!!!!100000000000000000000000000

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

what good is a doctor if they do not handle the interactions between office, pharmacy, and insurance. I have been here for maybe 3/4 months now. And EVERY single time I am refilling prescriptions I have a problem with one that my insurance has always covered the cost 100% over $300+. EVERY TIME I have RUN OUT medication prior to refill despite having conversations ahead. The insurance lady, Mary is RUDE Dr. is UNRESPONSIVE to my needs of refilling medication. The receptionist is very nice.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Mary specifically, has no professional training and is spiteful and rude to potential clients. Because of her Nast demeanor, I will find assistance elsewhere!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

The staff is unfriendly, not empathetic to Dr. Ire's patient's needs, and refuse to let the patients communicate with the doctor when the staff, specifically "Mary", is the problem!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Terrible front office staff. Unprofessional and rude. Doctor does not return phone calls.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I was appalled at Iyer's rudeness and ugly tone when I dared inform him that I had forgotten to have my heart doctor send over results of blood work to show that my cholesterol was at normal levels (my meds can cause high cholesterol readings). He raised his voice, angrily shook his file folder and spoke to me like I was 5 instead of 50. Aside from being extremely arrogant, he clearly has a major anger management issue. I sat back and just stared at him and listened, trying to make sure that I was not imaging this surreal experience. But when tried to belittle me, enough was enough. I told him how utterly rude he was, that his behavior was inappropriate and that I would find another doctor. I could tell from his secretary's reaction that I had not been the first to walk out. And it dawned on me that he seldom has any patients in the waiting area. Hmm.. I wonder why. I'd stay away from this jerk. After reading all the awful comments on rating sites, my feelings have been validated.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

This doctor chose to literally yell at me DURING a session while my 4 year old child was present blaming me for a scheduling error made by HIS staff. He has consistently stated that I do not WANT to take medications which is not true. The medications he recommends I CANNOT take due to kidney failure, of which I repeatedly make him aware. To me, it would appear, he only wants patients who accept his "authority" because of the MD behind his name. I have been living with my illness longer than he has been practicing psychiatry. I only came to him b/c my psychiatrist fell ill. I have seen Dr. Iyer 3 times now, I doubt there will be a 4th.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

The secretary has always been quite rude to me - perhaps because I am a younger client? - but today I was blown away by Dr. Iyer's lack of compassion. I've had to reschedule my appointment twice due to my hectic schedule, and when I arrived today (after a drive that takes over an hour, mind you), the secretary informed me that Dr. Iyer decided that he was no longer my doctor because I had rescheduled "so many times." Seriously. I did not get a call or anything informing me beforehand. Now, I take Lexapro. It has horrible withdrawl symptoms. Very horrible. Thank you, Dr. Iyer and company.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011