Ratings for Dr. Sheldon R. Cober

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer and was processing the words “double mastectomy” and “reconstruction,” I felt completely scared and overwhelmed. My general breast surgeon recommended plastic surgeon Dr. Sheldon Cober, saying, “He is the best in town.” I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction. I am nearing the end of this process and, because of my positive experience, I feel inspired to write a review for Dr Cober and his staff. I am a registered nurse and know that I have analyzed and evaluated my experience through the lens of a healthcare professional, and I am very pleased with my breast reconstruction results. Dr. Cober is clearly highly skilled in the art of breast reconstruction. Along with his exceptional surgical skills, my experience with Dr. Cober has also been that it’s easy to talk with him and, more importantly, he listens intently to what my hopes are for my reconstruction and he clearly focuses to meet those expectations. Dr. Cober’s staff is warm, friendly and kind. I always feel welcomed when I arrive at my appointments. I can honestly declare that Dr. Cober’s exceptional skill in reconstructing my breasts has led me to a real sense of feeling whole again. As his patient, and as a nurse, I very highly recommend Dr. Cober as a plastic surgeon. He has proven to me that he is, indeed, “the best in town.”

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Sheldon R. Cober's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Illinois