Dr. Gary Olson Dc Pc

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gary Olson Dc Pc

I came to see Dr Olson for lower back pain which radiates to my hip, after 3 visits I can no longer feel any back pain, his Physical Therapist, Anna, is helping with the schiatic pain with exercise, stretching and massaging, I feel a little better after each visit!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2019

I've been going to chiropractors for lower back pain since I was a teenager. I'm now 54 and have been treated by only 4 different chiropractors for almost 40 years. I always seek the best and the only reason I've ever switched chiropractors is when they retire or I move away. Finding Dr. Olson took going through a few "assembly line" chiropractors who rush you out to get to the next patient. Dr. Olson takes his time figuring out the best course of action to take and actually treats the problem. He is the most knowledgeable and educated chiropractor I've encountered. I highly recommend his services. His staff is courteous and friendly. I have found the chiropractor I will be seeing from now on. Thank you Dr. Olson.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2019

Dr Olson is fantastic I couldn’t walk when I came into his office , he has worked wonders and now I’m back on my feet again . He will be my dr for many yrs to come ! Thank you Dr Olson

flag | Submitted September 8, 2019

Excellent ,knowledgeable and empathetic - I have seen great progress since starting treatment with Dr Olson and his TEAM

flag | Submitted September 7, 2019

I was reluctant to go to a chiropractor but I’m very satisfied with Dr. Olson. Having a pinched nerve and arthritis in my lower back and both hips he has been able to fix the pinched nerve and is helping to relieve the pain in my hips. The staff is wonderful, pleasant and thoughtful.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2019

Great doctor great equipment very professional and can really make your back better

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

THANK GOD for Dr. Gary Olson! He has been our family chiropractor for over 15 years and a constant in our lives. He’s been our go to with injuries stemming from foot, ankles, knees and toes to neck, shoulder hands and spine, which were almost all related to a sport of sorts. Dr. Gary has been the family cheerleader, the “nay sayer”, the game saver and our confidant. He makes himself available in emergencies, his treatment is hands on and pain gone, and his ability to diagnose the problem seems effortless. He listens and explains, and provides his patients with the solutions to reach their goals. His office is pristine and calming and his staff bars none! I highly recommend Dr. Olson to anyone who has an issue with injury and pain! As for my family, Dr. Gary is and will always be a household name!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

about a month ago- i started having severe pain in my back that radiated down my leg. I was in agony, unable to stand up straight , barely able to walk. For three days I laid on my couch hoping it would get better - but it only got worse. I finally started looking on line to find someone who could help. I came across Dr Olson'- and I started reading the reviews, which were very good, so this prompted me to call. His staff was wonderful: Starting with his receptionist who was very kind and caring on the phone -they took me right away - at 5:30 pm on a Thursday. As soon as I got to the office, I was met by his staff who immediately assisted me with kindness and compassion. Dr Olson saw me right away- he had a pretty good idea what was going on with me- and applied the proper treatment to try to help with the pain. During the next few days- He saw me every day- even during closed office hours. Dr Olson is very kind; he always greats you with a smile , always has an encouraging word . AND- he's smart- he moved me very quickly through X-rays and MRI's - and his diagnosis was spot on. I'm getting better- going to Dr Olson was the best decision I made .

flag | Submitted June 4, 2019

Dr. Olson is a miracle worker. ART is the way to go.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

I have a herniated disc from years ago that started causing sciatica and related issues. After 3 weeks of minimal improvement I went to Dr. Olson. I have used chiropractors before but never ART chiro. After one treatment my pain was significantly reduced. The pain had been disrupting my sleep and i slept 8 hours after treatment. I have had 3 sessions with continued improvement in my lumbar spine and SI joints. I have been able to lift heavy in the gym and do up to 7 hours of shovel work. Thank you, Dr. Olson for your help. You took time to explain things and your office is friendly and easy to work with!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2019

Dr. Gary Olson Dc Pc's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

"I was born and raised in Commack and graduated from Commack High School South in 1982. I started my College career at Nassau Community College in 1982. I was on the Deans list every year at Nassau Community College and graduated in 1985 with my Liberal Arts Degree. I received a Scholarship to the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University in Greenvale and graduated in 1990 with my Bachelors of Science. In 1991 I received my Personal Fitness Instructor Certification from the American Council on Exercise. I subsequently started my own Personal Fitness Training Business by traveling to homes to instruct people on how to workout. It was during that time that I decided I wanted to be in the health field and further my education. In October 1995 I decided to apply for Chiropractic school, I was accepted and on January 4, 1996 I was driving in a blizzard half way across the country to Chesterfield Missouri the home of Logan College of Chiropractic. In August 1999 I received my license to practice Chiropractic in New York State. I am also board certified by the New York State Chiropractic Association. I came back to Commack and started my own business at 66 Commack Road and a year later moved to my current location 285-10 Commack Road in Commack ( The Long Island Spine and Sports Injury Center). From 1991- 1995 I was the Chiropractor for The Long Island Rough Riders professional Soccer team. In 2012/2013 I was named by The New York Newsday as one of the top bone and joint Doctors on Long Island. Since starting my practice in 1999, I have also become certified in Active Release Techniques (2000) and am one of the few highly skilled practitioners of Active Release Techniques (A.R.T.) in Long Island. I am also certified in Manipulation under anesthesia and Kineso Taping."

• Spanish

• Logan College Of Chiropractic (Grad. 1999)
  • Long Island University (Grad. 1990)

• 2012-2013 - Newsday Bone and Joint Dr. of the year.