Ratings for Dr. James G. Kalkanis

MRI had shown fluid behind ears and diagnosis of silent sinus syndrome he quickly dismissed w/o even looking at me and said it's just allergies, did a pressure test and said the popping of my ears is TMJ and handed me a printout from webmd and a prescription as quickly as he could instead of explaining to me what TMJ was and what I could do. Cut me off multiple times when I was talking, I felt like just a number and my issues weren't addressed. I was told if my medication doesn't work THEN call for an appointment, but I already waited a month and a half for this one!! And I've been dealing with this problem for 3 months already!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Doctor Kalkanis is great, his staff is TERRIBLY rude

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

To be honest I was a little nervous taking my newborn son here after reading the negative reviews. My son needed his tongue clipped and I was referred to Dr. Kalkanis by my pediatrician ( who I love and respect.). I went in with the mindset that if I didn't feel comfortable I would simply walk out and look else where. To my surprise I felt very relax, the doctor listened to my concerns, examined my son's condition and gave his opinion. He left the option for me to decide if I wanted to proceed with the clip. Since it was a mild but definite issue I decided to proceed with the clip. My poor baby was in tears and Dr. Kalkanis grab tissue to wipe the tears, a very caring touch that you don't see in too many doctors. I would recommend Dr. Kalkanis to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

This doctor performed surgery on my uncle in the mouth and sent him home witn no antibiotics 2 days later cellulitis infection lots of degrees bit wondering if he hag common sense?

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

This is by far the worst medical establishment I have ever been to. As soon as you walk through the door you are treated horribly. The receptionist rolled her eyes at me at one pointy in time. Then I actually heard them making fun of another patient as she left the office.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Neither the staff nor the doctor appear to care one iota about customer care. The doctor doesn't make eye contact or show any interest in the patient as a human being. He interrupts the patient when they are describing their symptoms, and is dismissive of their concerns. He is cold, distant, and more interested in checking off a list in his head than in truly listening to or caring for the patient. The front office staff is the most disrespectful, least helpful doctor's staff I have ever encountered in all my years of visiting doctors. They give dirty looks to elderly patients when they have trouble hearing -- which one would think is a common occurrence in an ear doctor's office. They do not listen to patients' explanations about their condition, insurance, or payments, but instead interrupt them, make incorrect assumptions, and push them around quite harshly.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011