Ratings for Dr. Emilio A. Blanco

I called to make an appointment for my first OB visit with Doctor Blanco. When I found out I was pregnant at Cleveland Clinic they gave me a list of doctors. I read Dr Blanco’s reviews prior in which was very good but I also read that his staff was very poor with customer service.... very bad!! Well, there I go and call for that great Doctor... The lady who answered got my name and asked for my insurance name and scheduled me for Tuesday the 26th at noon. 4 days prior to my appointment they called to confirm my appointment for Tuesday, and they called me on Friday to confirm it. And then on same day they called back trying to reschedule my appointment because they had a conflict with another appointment, they left me an automatic message saying that and asked to call back and reschedule. When I called that same day, they said Dr Blanco had a family issue and he had to reschedule then they gave me another option to see another Dr. on Wednesday(the next day). After all that, rescheduling plus change dates and Doctors.... On Wednesday I showed up early for my appointment and I gave “Diana” my insurance and ID and then when she got out of the phone she said: “We don”t work with your insurance!” And I asked: “what???” Are you serious??? So, I’m not going to tell you any further about what I told that lady because your can imagine, right? ... I asked for the manager and not even the manager had a direct phone number or was there!! so to make long story short, AVOID THIS MEDICAL BUILDING at the Memorial Regional AS THEY HAVE NO RESPECT TO YOU! Find another clinic!! What a waste of time for me of course but also for them! How many people must go there and they do the same thing over and over? You make an appointment for a patient and don’t check the insurance before making the appointment? Time is money... every appointment is money right? Are the doctors aware of it? So disappointed!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

I was Dr. Blanco's patient up unitl my 31st week of pregnancy which I only lasted that long because I was too overwhelmend and tired to find another doctor. I was pregnant with twins and Dr. Blanco was a little too laid back for my liking. And hey that may work for some people, but for me and my first pregnancy I expected a much better bedside manner. Every appointment he was one foot in the room the other foot out the door. I never had time to ask the questions I needed and he was not outright with details of what to expect for a first time mom. Everything I found out about my pregnancy was researched Google. There were several cases where he misdiagnosed my vaginal infection and was too lazy to run lab results to give me a definitive answer. On several occasions I was told to just go get a Monistat even after I forced him to run a test! To me he was extremely lazy. My last straw was when they ran tests/screenings for down syndrome and not making me aware until after they got the results. I receive a phone call saying one or both of your babies could have downs, would you like to run additional testing to be sure? I agreed to the additional testing, which was a Harmony test, and both times they came back inconclusive!! I went my entire pregnancy not knowing for sure if my babies were going to have downs or not. Then I was told, oh dont worry, this screening generally comes out positive because in order for us to screen for all the right downs characteristics it makes the screening very sensitive. So WHY RUN THE SCREENING IN THE FIRST PLACE?! How do you do that to mothers? My twins were delivered by Dr Robert Siudmak on June 19th, healthy and without downs!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015