Ratings for Dr. Emilio A. Blanco

I was Dr. Blanco's patient up unitl my 31st week of pregnancy which I only lasted that long because I was too overwhelmend and tired to find another doctor. I was pregnant with twins and Dr. Blanco was a little too laid back for my liking. And hey that may work for some people, but for me and my first pregnancy I expected a much better bedside manner. Every appointment he was one foot in the room the other foot out the door. I never had time to ask the questions I needed and he was not outright with details of what to expect for a first time mom. Everything I found out about my pregnancy was researched Google. There were several cases where he misdiagnosed my vaginal infection and was too lazy to run lab results to give me a definitive answer. On several occasions I was told to just go get a Monistat even after I forced him to run a test! To me he was extremely lazy. My last straw was when they ran tests/screenings for down syndrome and not making me aware until after they got the results. I receive a phone call saying one or both of your babies could have downs, would you like to run additional testing to be sure? I agreed to the additional testing, which was a Harmony test, and both times they came back inconclusive!! I went my entire pregnancy not knowing for sure if my babies were going to have downs or not. Then I was told, oh dont worry, this screening generally comes out positive because in order for us to screen for all the right downs characteristics it makes the screening very sensitive. So WHY RUN THE SCREENING IN THE FIRST PLACE?! How do you do that to mothers? My twins were delivered by Dr Robert Siudmak on June 19th, healthy and without downs!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015