Ratings for Dr. Joshua D. Farrar

I got recommended to see him by one of his fellow colleagues. I am so thankful I got someone that understands what happens in the human ear. When I had my first surgery he explained what was going on and why the surgery was necessary. I will always enjoy the appointment. Thank-you!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Farrar this morning. The appointment was set up as a referral a while back for a cyst that has since resolved itself. Unfortunately, I mistakenly thought the appointment was for a separate lingering issue and so I stupidly showed up prepared for a completely different experience. Dr. Farrar and his nurses were so very kind and understanding of my foolishness. They took the time to show concern of my issue even though they were not specialized in that particular arena. They scheduled a future appointment with a fellow colleague to cover my needs AND refunded my copay. I find Dr. Farrar to be a very genuine and caring professional. Recommend on morals alone. Bravo Dr.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

He is totally sincere, honest and caring. He tells you the truth about what to expect and all the risks of surgery! A true ace in my opinion!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Farrar was absolutely the most caring Dr. any of my children has ever seen.... After struggling with weeks of sleepless nights and countless scripts of eardrops from other docs, we took our one year old to the ER and DR. Farrar was the ENT on call... He placed the tubes in that night and our son felt instantaneous relief...He will be our family ENT in the future and I have confidence in him with my family

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

My son saw Dr. F. for the third time with the goal to schedule reconstructive surgery. He was lead to believe that he could end up worse off than prior to the surgery. He did not bother to examine my son nor did he look at a CT that he had requested be done prior to this visit. He came across as cold and insensitive. My son came away more depressed and discouraged and feeling hopeless. My opinion is that he could possibly be judgmental due to the fact his injury was self inflicted. I just do not understand his attitude. But I know it did considerable damage to my son.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Farrar is a true believer! the morning my son was scheduled for surgery (tonsil,adnoids taken out and tubes in ears) we prayed for God to be with the hands of the surgeon. We have not meet the dr. before and when he came in to introduce himself, i asked him how many surgeries like this he has done. he has only been in roanoke for 6mths. he was telling me and when he said all of his surgeries had been done with the help of GOD holding his hands!! that was an confermation!! then he asked our son if it would be ok to pray with him before his surgery!! i recomend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

My 16 month old boy was in agony trying to tear his ears off his head.. This had gone on for days. I had scheduled an appt to have tubes in his ears for Jan 10....However, he was in so much pain I took him to ER on the previous Friday night.. and Dr. Farrar immediately made the decision to put tubes in ASAP... I am grateful he didnt "wait til morning" but did it right on the spot at midnight.. He was extremely professional, caring and not least bit arrogant.. He is a welcome addition to Carillion!! and my son improved by the time he woke up

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

He is very concerned about his patients. The staff is always friendly and rarely make you wait for any length of time. He has referred me to other Drs. to find out what is wrong with me. He found that I had something going on that had nothing to do with ENT.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr. Joshua D. Farrar's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA