Ratings for Dr. Peter Szoke

Dr. Szoke is already in a rush and barely does an evaluation. The closet he has come in my experience is listening to my chest. He does not adequately explain diagnosis or medications. He is currently accepting new patients but not if you have Medicare, only reaffirming my belief that he is only in it for the money.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I am 80 and have been a patient of his for years. He always sees patients timely, spends time to adequately ascertain problem and then provides proper medication, lifestyle actions, or referrals to correct specialists. I have told him he cannot retire u ntil I die.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr.Szoke is a great doctor. He takes times with his patients. I have been going to him for 15 years .Now my children are grown and they still go to him for a family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Love this doctor. Always on time. Never had a problem that he didn't have a cure for. Has been our doctor for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Dr. Szoke is VERY competent and extremely realistic as well. Very family oriented doctor who takes the time to ask about your children, wife, parents, etc. Continually rated as best family physician in the Tidewater Area and received numerous accolades among his piers. He is highly respected in the community. You, sir, probably have mistaken his arrogance for a great sense of humor and laid back nature...however, when it comes to medicine, it's all serious business. As his daughter, I should know. I would caution this last smart-talker to challenge my father, a Johns Hopkins graduate, on his competence. He takes GREAT pride in delivering 100% of his expertise and dilligence to his patience...even if that means taking it home with him.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

Doctor is arrogant, which is tolerable until you discover he lacks knowledge. Made several errors before we stopped going to him. Wife and I both sick with same illness, she went in one day and received a Z-pack (antibiotics), and I went in the next day and he told me viral suffer through it. In addition, I went in with symptoms I described, and he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia (which was what was on my medical receipt)--this was a ridiculous diagnosis I found out after seeing a neurologist because of the symptoms. Turned out to simply be stress related chronic headaches combined with a habit of stretching and irritating muscles in my neck. Thank goodness for competent doctors (the neurologist). Save yourself the risk, and try another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008

Dr. Peter Szoke's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1986)

Champ Va