Ratings for Dr. Harish Seethamraju

Dr. Harish Seethamraju. There is no one like him. He is very compassioante, dedicated and brilliant. He understand patients and he really cares and scrifice a lot for the patients. He is or was my doctor. I had double lung transpant under his care. He is an angel of life. John Panicker

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr. Harish Seethamraju is a amazing doctor. Had a heart and lungs transplant Jan 5, 2010 Methodist Hospital in Houston... I'm doing great!!!! Thank you for being such a good doctor. We sure miss u.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I am a registered nurse. This so called doctor lied to my face not knowing I knew medical and was a trained professional. My father had MULTIPLE pulmonary embolisms and after he lied twice and said he had tested him and he hadn't, he looked at my dad and said he'd check to make me happy! Exact words he had to eat after my dad was incubated give times, had coded once, and required a trach by that point. He told my dad when he asked for hospice and didn't want treatment with no quality of life, he told my dad " I promise this trach will be out and with a little PT you will be fine in about two to three weeks ". Three months later a consulting doctor came in and told us Seethamaraju was lying to us to do what he wanted and watch this play out bc he was a double lung transplant pt, and dad had lost 50 pounds at that point! He told my mom in a very mean and rude tone his stomach was fine and once my dad got to another hospital he was covered in pancreatic,stomach, and liver cancer like the consulting doc thought. Dad had started his probs after the doc ignored my dads pulmonary stent which set up mold after six yes of nehlect( suppose to be changed every two) and lies when we asked if he was in rejection. Docs make mistakes but this man DIDNT CARE. He makes big money on transplants which is the only reason why he was so eager to probably do your husbands transplant. Or just God looking after him. Don't see this man, had a lawsuit for wrongful death but UK is sovereign immunity and cannot be sued. I guess that's why Seethamaraju's doesn't care.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Harish Seethamraju is like no other doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He literally saved my husband's life 4 years ago. We had seen 3 other pulmonologists before him and no one sensed the urgency of our situation. Only through Divine Providence did we end up in his office. We did not leave that day as Dr. Harish put him in the hospital immediately and 12 days later, yes I did say 12 days, later my husband received a double lung transplant. As for the comments that state he is rude and not compassionate, I couldn't disagree more!! Is he direct and to the point? You bet. But if you listen to him, he truly cares about you and wants to do what's best for you. Since he has left the Methodist Hospital in Houston, I am sad to say that it's just not the same without him. Are we still getting good treatment? Yes. However one man, that being Dr. Harish Seethamraju WAS the lung transplant program in Houston. No one else even comes close to having his knowledge and uncanny intuition that set him apart from everyone else. I can tell you this, Kentucky is one lucky state!!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

He is the worst doctor I have ever had. He is absolutely rude and not compassionate. Never on time, never would give us straight answers about anything and would hardly ever come see me and try to explain things. He got fired from UK hospital and I am glad he did.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Love and appreciate this man and his staff. My husband had a double lung transplant at University of Kentucy in November 2013 and we could not have asked for better treatment. Hated to see him leave.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Seethamraju has horrible bed side manner, and he does not make things clear to the patient. He keeps switching what my husband can and cannot eat from his GERD damage, and has answers for nothing. The reason they switched him was because they accidentally gave the "wrong order," and it was supposed to be for someone else. He is blunt and in-compassionate and rude.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Dr. Harish Seethamraju is just an amazing doctor bar none that I have been to in my 62+ years of life. Before I came to him at the Methodist Transplant Center in Houston, I was told that I had PH and my survival outlook was between 2 & 2.5 years. Now over 4 years later I am still alive able to walk, talk, and do most activities I feel like doing, even though I am on an oxygen flow between 6-8 lpm. Now I am sad, that he has left our area and moved on to Kentucky. Sad for us here in Texas, but I know he will bring happiness in Lexington, KY; home of the Big Blue Wildcats! Thanks so much Dr. Harish!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Had a lung transplant June, 2010... you can't get a better pulmonologist in the US than him. I am 3 1/2 years post-op, and doing fine, thanks to him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

This man is the very best I was very sorry to see him leave Houston if was not for him my wife would not be alive today

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013