Ratings for Dr. Thomas N. Guffin

I had a tonsillectomy this month and being I am older (51) I knew I was not in for a joy ride. It has been every much as painful, uncomfortable and awful as I had read and could even imagine. I feel like the pre care was very good. The after care is where the issue begins having my surgery close to the weekend may have been a mistake, as the on-call physician is not even in the same state and can actually DO nothing for you. You might as well be ready to just go to the emergency department. I was having the biggest issue with the liquid pain hydrocodine upsetting my stomach, causing me a great deal of abdomen pain and heartburn without really relieving any pain from the surgery. When I called into the on-call doctor they could not even change my liquid pain med to pills. The after care was not great at all and the entire staff is very dismissive of anything I tell them, I say I am not sleeping they respond with oh I am sure your getting sleep....really ?

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Dr. Thomas N. Guffin's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal