Ratings for Dr. Rita Sanghvi Mehta

She gave my beloved mother dose of chemotherapy not as per manufacturer recomendation. This chemo was working great on her and most leisons were gone but we went to this onc and she broke the standard dose FDA approved dose without informing us. She was remain in a dose but she changed that significantly. Manufacturer was noticed that should go as per that dose since it was a new chemo, had stric instruction but this Dr. Mehta ruined her treatment and messed up everything. Her blood test was showing abnormal and bad results as soon as chemo was changed but she ignored. I insisted her to give her scan but she said if chemo works, will work with any dose! After 2 months, we noticed a very very bad disease progression. Cancer was spread very bad. As soon as she noticed what she has done, was very iresponsible. She did not take responsiblity and was hospitalized at medicine department where many new docs and residents who were not aware of her case gave her 4 injcetion and that caused her liver failure! This doc wrote in her notes in the way that she was never her patiant! Chemo was given by other doc name( her former onc name) and now this is the result! Very very unfair. Due to liver failure and delay in her treatment and messing up her former treatment when she was doing very good, my poor mom could not continue her chemotherapy! The worst thing is again she was hospitalized due to all complication happend to her by this doc at UCI hospital, she did not show up at all! They hospitalize her at Orthopedic unit this time and she got pnuemonia and afterwards passed away :(😭😭😭 this doc ruined our life and took my mother life. She is a politician not a doctor. When she did mistake, started writing inaccurate notes and gave wrong info to other docs to protect herself. I wish we would never ever knew her.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

In all my subconscious childhood I hated hospitals. Therefore as an adult I would rather not find out what or who happened in there. When I learnt I had advanced stage cancer, my reaction was to embrace the inevitability of death. Then I met Dr. Rita Mehta. She so wanted that my tumors be gone that I found myself sucked into fighting this dreadful thing with her . . . keeping all my hospital appointments with a soul felt smile. Her enthusiasm and cheerfulness was so that I didn't want to disappoint her by being a failed case. So here I am today with my cancer in remission. In Dr. Rita Mehta I met an angel of God.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr. Mehta has treated me for inflammatory breast cancer, a rare form of breast cancer. She is very up on the latest treatment protocols and I was able to participate in a clinical trial that had great results.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013