Ratings for Dr. Jonathan E. Bernie

Greedy doctor just wants as much money as possible, office is similar to a slaughter house just rush as many people through as they can with no real concern for their health. I was seen for less then a minute and without any test results I was scheduled for a medical procedure that I found out was not necessary after seeking out a second opinion. Stay away from this so called doctor he is a scam artist just trying to take as much money as he caan

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

This is a comment on the billing department. Very nasty. I have never written a comment on a doctor or the staff before. The woman I dealt with in billing should not be in customer service. Based on her alone we will not be going back to Dr. Bernie's office. I agree with the other reviewer that there are plenty of other respectful qualified people in the area. Who needs it?!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Horrible doctor and office. I have had dozens of doctors (different specialties) over the past few decades and have never had as negative an experience as I had with Dr. Bernie. In fact this is the only review I've ever written of a doctor. I concur with all the things stated by the other reviewer (sends in assistants to do what a dr should be doing, rushes in and out, etc). I had other myriad problems, as well, including staff not returning phone calls as promised, on-call doctor not being available or responsive, canceling procedures at the very last minute (causing extreme personal hardship), using a mocking tone when I insisted that his exam was hurting me, etc etc etc. I've never NEVER had this consistently bad an experience with a doctor. Definitely AVOID Dr Bernie (as well as the entire office) at all costs - there are plenty of other respectful, qualified urologists in the area.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Similar to the other commenters for Norwalk Urology Associates, this is not directed at Dr. Bernie personally but more at the clinic. I took my father there 3 times during July to remove a catheter in the morning, and put them back in the afternoon. Every time he paid $150, cash, out of his pocket, except one time he paid $350 for an ultrasound. So far so good. Things started going downhills from there. To start, we could not reached the doctor over the phone for followups. My Dad took a MRI at another lab under doctor's prescription, and after result was sent to them, despite all our calls and messages, doctor never called back to discuss the result. And, few weeks after the visits, we also got an surprising bill with ~$2000. (they offered to cut it down to $1000 I think) They claimed that those are for urinary catheter insertion, and was not covered by the doctor fees my Dad already paid. The issue was they never told us about the fee, and my Dad didn't know and never agreed to pay. And although we repeatedly made it clear to the staff that we need to know the fee for each office visit, to decide whether we would continue to visit the clinic, or go somewhere else cheaper, they simply failed to mention these extra fees until we received the bill.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

He was very helpful and made me feel at ease when I left with mt health issues.. Worked through everything, I am now better! Great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

Dr. Jonathan E. Bernie's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Pacificare