Ratings for Dr. Jonathan E. Bernie

While being treated for an unrelated is issue a tumor was found which required the tumor and a kidney to be removed. The care and expertise that I received from Dr. Bernie and Urology Assoc. was the best. Dr. Bernie walked me (and my family) through every step of the procedure. He was there for every question, fear, concern and always present pre and post surgery. My experience with Dr Bernie and his staff was A+.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Urology Associates and Dr. Bernie are the BEST. My husband had surgery with Dr. Bernie - pre and post op care has been excellent / Dr. Bernie was always available to answer all questions and everything went very smoothly with surgery

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Bernie is the best. He took care of my very painful kidney stone with care and compassion. His staff was also very quick to respond to follow up questions about my prescription. I highly recommend his practice.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Bernie! He is a very knowledgeable, cautious and clearly explains all options and risks.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

I recently had a prostate biopsy done by Dr. Bernie. I had a great experience from beginning to end. I was informed of all possible side effects of biopsy and had none of the expected side effects. I have had 5 different urologists in the past 15 years due to career moves. Doctor Johnathan Bernie is open and honest in his assessments and leaves final decision with the patient. Very professional. I highly recommend him as a urologist.

Submitted March 9, 2018

very understanding, compassionate and knowledgable dr....on time for appt and i never felt rushed. would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Greedy doctor just wants as much money as possible, office is similar to a slaughter house just rush as many people through as they can with no real concern for their health. I was seen for less then a minute and without any test results I was scheduled for a medical procedure that I found out was not necessary after seeking out a second opinion. Stay away from this so called doctor he is a scam artist just trying to take as much money as he caan

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

This is a comment on the billing department. Very nasty. I have never written a comment on a doctor or the staff before. The woman I dealt with in billing should not be in customer service. Based on her alone we will not be going back to Dr. Bernie's office. I agree with the other reviewer that there are plenty of other respectful qualified people in the area. Who needs it?!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Horrible doctor and office. I have had dozens of doctors (different specialties) over the past few decades and have never had as negative an experience as I had with Dr. Bernie. In fact this is the only review I've ever written of a doctor. I concur with all the things stated by the other reviewer (sends in assistants to do what a dr should be doing, rushes in and out, etc). I had other myriad problems, as well, including staff not returning phone calls as promised, on-call doctor not being available or responsive, canceling procedures at the very last minute (causing extreme personal hardship), using a mocking tone when I insisted that his exam was hurting me, etc etc etc. I've never NEVER had this consistently bad an experience with a doctor. Definitely AVOID Dr Bernie (as well as the entire office) at all costs - there are plenty of other respectful, qualified urologists in the area.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Similar to the other commenters for Norwalk Urology Associates, this is not directed at Dr. Bernie personally but more at the clinic. I took my father there 3 times during July to remove a catheter in the morning, and put them back in the afternoon. Every time he paid $150, cash, out of his pocket, except one time he paid $350 for an ultrasound. So far so good. Things started going downhills from there. To start, we could not reached the doctor over the phone for followups. My Dad took a MRI at another lab under doctor's prescription, and after result was sent to them, despite all our calls and messages, doctor never called back to discuss the result. And, few weeks after the visits, we also got an surprising bill with ~$2000. (they offered to cut it down to $1000 I think) They claimed that those are for urinary catheter insertion, and was not covered by the doctor fees my Dad already paid. The issue was they never told us about the fee, and my Dad didn't know and never agreed to pay. And although we repeatedly made it clear to the staff that we need to know the fee for each office visit, to decide whether we would continue to visit the clinic, or go somewhere else cheaper, they simply failed to mention these extra fees until we received the bill.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Jonathan E. Bernie's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)