Ratings for Dr. Jonathan E. Bernie

I have been a patient of Dr. Bernie's for about 2 1/2 years. He was recommended to me by my primary care physician, and I have been extremely pleased by the attention I have had from Dr. Bernie and all of the staff at Urology Associates of Norwalk. From my first call to make an appointment to the five or six visits I have had, I have found Dr. Bernie to be an outstanding urologist with an excellent way of communicating all steps of every procedure. Making appointments is easy and quick, and whenever I have had a concern or question, the staff at Urology Associates pass along my message to Dr. Bernie and I receive a call back or an appointment very quickly. I have never had to wait for an appointment and can depend upon this practice to thoughtfully explain the procedures they are recommending and the steps I should take to make sure I recognize any signs that would require follow up. Dr. Bernie has taken the time to get to know me personally, and has made it clear that any time I have a question to contact him so we address things. I highly recommend Dr. Bernie and this practice as being a place where you can count on quality treatment and care and excellent support from the entire staff in his office.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

While being treated for an unrelated is issue a tumor was found which required the tumor and a kidney to be removed. The care and expertise that I received from Dr. Bernie and Urology Assoc. was the best. Dr. Bernie walked me (and my family) through every step of the procedure. He was there for every question, fear, concern and always present pre and post surgery. My experience with Dr Bernie and his staff was A+.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Urology Associates and Dr. Bernie are the BEST. My husband had surgery with Dr. Bernie - pre and post op care has been excellent / Dr. Bernie was always available to answer all questions and everything went very smoothly with surgery

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Bernie is the best. He took care of my very painful kidney stone with care and compassion. His staff was also very quick to respond to follow up questions about my prescription. I highly recommend his practice.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Bernie! He is a very knowledgeable, cautious and clearly explains all options and risks.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

I recently had a prostate biopsy done by Dr. Bernie. I had a great experience from beginning to end. I was informed of all possible side effects of biopsy and had none of the expected side effects. I have had 5 different urologists in the past 15 years due to career moves. Doctor Johnathan Bernie is open and honest in his assessments and leaves final decision with the patient. Very professional. I highly recommend him as a urologist.

Submitted March 9, 2018

very understanding, compassionate and knowledgable dr....on time for appt and i never felt rushed. would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Greedy doctor just wants as much money as possible, office is similar to a slaughter house just rush as many people through as they can with no real concern for their health. I was seen for less then a minute and without any test results I was scheduled for a medical procedure that I found out was not necessary after seeking out a second opinion. Stay away from this so called doctor he is a scam artist just trying to take as much money as he caan

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

This is a comment on the billing department. Very nasty. I have never written a comment on a doctor or the staff before. The woman I dealt with in billing should not be in customer service. Based on her alone we will not be going back to Dr. Bernie's office. I agree with the other reviewer that there are plenty of other respectful qualified people in the area. Who needs it?!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Horrible doctor and office. I have had dozens of doctors (different specialties) over the past few decades and have never had as negative an experience as I had with Dr. Bernie. In fact this is the only review I've ever written of a doctor. I concur with all the things stated by the other reviewer (sends in assistants to do what a dr should be doing, rushes in and out, etc). I had other myriad problems, as well, including staff not returning phone calls as promised, on-call doctor not being available or responsive, canceling procedures at the very last minute (causing extreme personal hardship), using a mocking tone when I insisted that his exam was hurting me, etc etc etc. I've never NEVER had this consistently bad an experience with a doctor. Definitely AVOID Dr Bernie (as well as the entire office) at all costs - there are plenty of other respectful, qualified urologists in the area.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. Jonathan E. Bernie's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)