Ratings for Dr. Klara Vogel

Dr. Klara Vogel's arrogance and dismissive nature could have cost me my life. If I could give her zero stars, I would. I was a patient of Dr. Vogel's for over 5 years, so my comments are not based on a simple misunderstanding or one bad experience. Not only is her staff rude (treated me like a drug-seeking junkie when I tried to refill a birth control prescription before a check-up) and incompetent (mailed pap smear and STD testing results to my parents' address [my mom was also a patient] MULTIPLE times) but Dr. Vogel herself is also dismissive and fails to follow proper medical guidelines for her patients. After a ruptured ovarian cyst, I was advised to have ultrasounds every 6 months to monitor my ovaries. After a year, Dr.Vogel simply stopped giving them to me, she said she thought they were unnecessary. Sometime later, I came to Dr. Vogel with symptoms consistent with PCOS. I had gained 30 pounds and could not drop more than a pound/month, despite working out and being on a very strict diet. When I expressed these concerns to Dr. Vogel, she said the symptoms had nothing to do with PCOS and suggested I try Weight Watchers. No ultrasounds, no hormone tests. She made me feel like an idiot and told me that I didn't know what I was talking about - and I absolutely did not have PCOS. 6 months later, after being fed up with her, I went to a new gyno. He diagnosed my PCOS within 5 minutes of meeting me, put me on a no sugar diet (with which I lost all 30 lbs within 3 months), but also immediately took me in for an ultrasound of my ovaries, where he discovered I had a large mass. Unfortunately, we had no way of knowing how long the mass had been there, since Dr. Vogel hadn't ordered an ultrasound for me in over 2 years. 3 months (and countless tests later) I had surgery to remove the mass (and my ovary), which turned out to be borderline ovarian cancer. If Dr. Vogel had performed any of the suggested routine ultrasounds, this may have been caught earlier and I might still have my ovary. If I had stayed with Dr. Vogel, the mass would have eventually turned malignant. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but if you feel that your doctor is not answering all your questions or responding the way that you would like - YOU HAVE A CHOICE - go see another doctor!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

Dr. Klara Vogel's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)