Ratings for Dr. K. Dean REEVES

Truly one of the most awful medical experiences I've ever endured. I had prolotherapy and I would not recommend it to anybody. Pain was almost intolerable during the procedure and it didn't fix the problem. I was appalled that I was asked to consent to an additional expense and also pay when I was under the influence of heavy pain medication and disoriented to the extent I couldn't stand nor walk on my own. Recovery took at least 2 weeks and I had extensive bruising. I also thought praying was creepy. What medical doctor does that with patients? Keep in mind I was very medicated and felt like I was going to throw up at the time. There was at least one other person in the room at the time and was told she was his wife or possibly daughter. I'm not sure if she was an RN or just an observer.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

I have never felt compelled to leave a review for a doctor before. But, because of Dr. Reeves' amazing work and heart, it feels necessary and important to leave these remarks, to tell others about his practice. He is a saint. After struggling with a pernicious injury, seeing countless doctors on four different continents, and not really getting anywhere in terms of pain relief, I found Dr. Reeves. He is truly brilliant, gifted, compassionate, and at the cutting edge of his field/research/treatment. I am continually bowled over by his knowledge and experience, his kindness, and his ability to help heal. He has a tremendous heart, as well as being a whiz-bang doctor and researcher. His staff are composed of a number of angels. They are the sweetest and most loving nurses I have ever dealt with and they all truly care about your healing. Even though a treatment consists of being, basically, a human pincushion (they truly do make it as comfortable as possible!), I look forward to my appointments so that I can be in the presence of these lovely human beings and to know that I am receiving the best possible care. Thank you, Dr. Reeves and staff!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

After years of dealing with chronic shoulder, upper back pain and frequent headaches I found relief with prolotherapy and Dr. Reeves. I had tried every avenue of non-surgical treatment for soft tissue pain: chiropractic visits including activators, manipulation, ultrasound, elctrical stim, cervical decompression, physical therapy, ART , deep tissue massage and accupuncture. Non of these treatments provided relief. After one treatment of prolotherapy I no longer had daily headaches and my neck and upper back discomfort improved over 75 % . I longer had the constant irritation of discomfort and could return to exercise, yoga, cycling, etc. Just had my second treatment and looking forward to continued improvement. Dr. Reeves is so knowledgeable and caring. Never hurries with patients and is very thorough. A very giving and Christian man who I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I was told in 2005 by an Orthopedic surgeon that I was bone-on-bone in my right knee and it was time to have a knee replacement. I did not want a knee replacement because I have a Femoral Potential artery graft in the knee area, and knew there would be risk associated with the surgery. I continued to try and work, hobbling around or walking for short distances with a lot of pain. I found a story on line about Dr. Reeves and the regenerative research he was doing. I started going to the clinic in June of 2008, and it has been one of the best decisions I have made. I really believe that there has been some regrowth of new cartilage over the years he as treated me with Prolotherapy.' About three years ago, he started doing nerve blocking in my legs to heal the nerves. He says " healthy nerves reduce or eliminate pain, and maybe a factor in regenerating new cartilage growth". I am now making brisk walks of two and three miles daily and playing golf, sometimes without using a riding cart, virtually pain free. There is no doubt that Dr. Reeves has helped me greatly. I enjoy my trips of over 250 miles to come for a treatment. There I ask him lots of questions, and he always lessens and answers them. He is thoughtful, a true professional, and his procedures are relatively pain free. The staff is friendly, professional, and helpful, and I don't know of another clinic where they pray for you and you're healing. Yes, I would highly recommend Dr., Reeves. Who is very knowledgeable and competent. He is a leader and pioneer in the field of regenerative medicine. And also, I would like to thank him for giving me back my life for the past seven years I have been getting treatments

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

As a physician myself, I truly appreciated Dr. Reeves' meticulous approach to both listening to my history and treating my multiple symptomatic areas. He's one of the leaders in the field of regenerative medicine (published many times), yet still takes time to teach and give of himself. And for his skill, he likely provides the greatest value for the money of any physician doing prolotherapy, perineural injections, and/or PRP in the country. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Reeves, and have done so to my family, friends, and colleagues.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I had nerve damage in both legs and chronic knee pain. With prolotherapy and PRP, I hiked over 150 miles in The Alps completely pain free. I emailed a doctor in California to have PRP done. He emailed back, "Why would you come to me when you have the best doctor in Kansas City, close to where you live?" What impressed me most, besides the fact that the guy is off the charts in intelligence, is Dr. Reeves told me not to come back unless I had pain again. So, he obviously isn't after my money. He's a righteous person, a man of integrity, and kind. You can trust him and be pain free. It just doesn't get any better!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

I came to Dr Dean Reeves with a torn medial meniscus and sprained ligaments of the knee, back and shoulder pain from a car accident. I was in a lot of pain and had difficulty walking. I can't say enough good things about Dr Reeves , his staff, and the help he has given me. With his help and treatment I am healing and getting back to the active life I had prior to accident.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Reeves for anyone with pain associated with athletic activities. I am a physically active 59 year old—I run and swim regularly and am often engaged in heavy yard work, hiking or other strenuous activities that have a tendency to create strains that sometimes do not heal easily. I have found that active release therapy from a chiropractor or physical therapy is helpful, but not sufficient to address pain associated with trapped nerves, the source of which is often not readily apparent. I have responded very well to phototherapy. I have found that once healed, injuries are not prone to recur. Dr. Reeves runs a small, highly personalized practice. He is very focused with his attention, generous with his time and explanations, and phenomenally adept in navigating nerve systems. I especially value his commitment to helping me do what I want to do—he respects that rigorous exercise is an important outlet for me and he is devoted to helping me stay active.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Dr. Reeves and his staff are very helpful and kind. He is very thorough and spends alot of time with you to make sure you understand what the diagnosis is, what needs to be done, how much time it will take and what it will cost. His treatment is specialized and is not covered by insurance, so it is important to understand all of the things mentioned. I highly recommend him for any pain condition that you have. He worked to eliminate my pain, not just cover it up with medication.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I’d seen dozens of doctors to try to treat my fibromyalgia pain, as the pain and discomfort in my body were significant and my energy levels were very low as I felt very weak. I was living a very low quality of life. None of the doctors were able to deliver me with long-term healing treatments. Out of all of the doctors that I had seen, Dr. Reeves was the only doctor that took detailed and compassionate time to listen to my unique case and to examine my full body to determine where the sources of my pain were coming from. After my first treatment with Dr. Reeves, I noticed a substantial difference in my strength and general well-being. Most importantly, my pain levels were substantially lower. I continue to see Dr. Reeves as his treatments are the only ones that work for me and have given me a higher quality of life. Each time I receive treatment, I become stronger and experience less and less pain. I feel so grateful that Dr Reeves and his staff treat me like a valuable human being.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Dr. K. Dean REEVES's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)