Ratings for Dr. Joanne M. Root

Dr Root is very un-organized. Her orders are never updated on her patients medications. In 4 days stay at the hospital I recieved 3 wrong medications thru an IV. She informed me she would correct this several times but never did. She left the hospital telling me "Don't worry if you or the nurses need me I can be reached by phone" When she was phoned by staff she did not answer.Her staff called another doctor before she finally phoned back and refused to come in to help me or even to speak to me on the phone. She appears proffessional but she is not. I recieved so much fluid thru the IV that I gained 15 lbs and had water coming out my eyes and fluid backing uo out of the IV site.I don't think that was helpful for a kidney patients recovery. I believe she is running a "Bag Factory" to obtain more medical expenses per patient owed to the facility thru Medicaid patients. I would highly recommend that you go elsewhere for your care. Her focus is money at the expense of your health.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Dr. Joanne M. Root's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Alpena, MI