Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth McKeown

Dr McKeown is the best GP in Toronto. I find people that rat her poorly have only theirselves to blame. She is the only GP that I have known who is willing to take time to get to the bottom of your problem. She may run late, but at least I know when it is my time I will be looked after. She is a lecturer at the U of T and even when students are working with her she still takes the time to sort you out. I suggest poor reviews are coming from people with chips on their shoulders before the come to the practice *****

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr McKeown is knowledgeable and helpful. She takes the time to listen and respond to concerns. I dread her retirement.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I love Dr McKeown and her assistant Rose can be helpful but her receptionist is less than average. You can go there and stand in front of her for 10 mins without her even acknowledging you. For years, I would have a hard time getting ahold of her.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dear March 8 2017 commenter to my Dec 22 2016 comment, saying I’m stupid. Would you like to see my medical records when I was under McKeowan’s “care” compared to now that I’m on the mend with a new Dr with a complete health team? Do you know me? Do you want to see my health files? If you are happy with her, great. I can only speak from my experience with her. She has no clue how or where to refer anyone (example - I live downtown Toronto and she sent me to Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga to a Dr that doesn’t even exist!!!! Seriously!!) I could go on but you sound like one of her children with your ignorant response so whatever. Good luck when you get really sick and she doesn’t take you seriously. She’s lucky she doesn’t practice in the USA. She’d have a lawsuit on her hands from me. She doesn’t listen and focuses on what SHE thinks is the problem. I’ve learned I have to be my own health advocate and not rely on a Dr’s opinion, the younger Dr’s understand that. The older Drs are set in their ways.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I would rate her as average. Good at the basics such as physicals or common illnesses but beyond that she sends you off to a specialist she finds on the internet. Her staff are awful.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. McKeown has been my doctor for almost 30 years. I find her to be exellent. The level of care is outstanding. She is always upto date on current research and I have always found her to be welcoming and caring. Her staff are also exceptionally helpful.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Seems rather unfair: patients can rate her but, under the rules, she cannot rate us. The ratings seem to be always she is ( add your own benign superlative) or she is extraordinarily inefficent. So instead of rating her, and since I don't know anything about medicine other than what I read in the journals, , I really don't see how I can, I will rate myself as a patient: First I am male and ancient. Secondly I am generally healthy and only see her once a year during which time she pronounces there is a reasonable expectation I shall survive until the next appointment, thirdly I have been her patient for a couple of decades and apart from agreeing to take a backpain medicine which probably damaged my heart I have accepted or rejected all her suggestions and attended almost all of her referals and none of this has done me any major damage so far as I can tell. This, I think, means between us we have fulfilled the most important stipulation in the Hypocratic oath which, of course, only one of us took. If you are looking for a sensible doctor who easily resists the temptation to poke and prod too much and is prepared within reason to suffer the " slings and arrows of outrageous patients" she's probably your gal. If you are nurturing some rarified malady that her American confreres latch onto and make a fortune out of before retiring to Naples in their mid forties, she won't do at all. Oh and BTW for all those people complaining about the long waits for appointments, as elderly patients we like it. It demonstrates two important things: first that we are patient in fact as well as by definition and secondly demonstrates a degree of optimism we will survive the intervening weeks or months until we actually do see her. The telephone message does, for those impaitient souls who think time is not only of the essense but their essense, tell us if we aren't going to survive to check ourselves into the sparse comforts of the local emerg, but ignore it. The only person you will see in emerg is a policeman, usually a nice young male constable who, after a year or so there can probably diagnose the problem quicker than you will ever see the recently arrived on these shores medic who lurks palely in the nether regions of the hospital coming up for air only often enough to ensure he is still picking up his hourly retainer.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

In a lifetime of major health issues and amongst dozens of medical doctors, Dr. E. McKeowan is the single most outstandingly thorough, caring and effective doctor I have ever met. She takes time when it is needed, explores all options, involves the patient in her own care, and always, always takes care of the main issues . She has coached me through breast cancer, four family suicides and an motley number of unfortunate side effects. She is a dream come true of a physician. At 75 I am considered an outlier to all drs except Dr. McKeowan. She cares... She is a true Healer. Long may she continue practicing!!!!! Amazing, knowlegable, friendly, caring, great doctor all around.Dr. Alicia Dunlop, Registered Psych.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

What a stupid comment from the individula below. Dr McKeown is the most caring and well informed doctor i have ever had. She takes the time needed to get to the bottom of every patient problem

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Horrible Dr. Was my Dr for about 10 years. Misdiagnosed me and I literally nearly died, spent all of 2015 in the hospital and now will be ill for the rest of my life. Her resources are a joke, her referrals are useless. If this were the USA I would sue her for her lack of not being able to pin point my problem when it took another Dr 1 visit for him to know exactly what was wrong. If you value your health stay away from her.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016